Chapter 31

Angelo's POV

I stare at Laila, praying that I made it look like I wasn't just bawling my eyes out like a little child.
"Your dog was upset, I think he wants you." She tells me, and I move out of the doorway so that Noodles can come in, but instead she comes behind with Noodles, making me 30 times more annoyed than I already was.

"Is there anything you need? Like clothes or shit like that?" She asks me, obviously trying to make conversation with me. I think i'm her question anyways, and then remember that I didn't pack any shampoo or conditioner, making me groan. I hate asking other people for stuff, but the opportunity has presented itself.

"Well actually, I need shampoo and conditioner.." I tell her, sighing and realizing she's probably actually harmless at this point. Her face lights up when I reply, and she walks into my bathroom. I walk in behind her, keeping my distance as she stands on her tip toes and reaches into the cabinet above the toilet.

I notice how her shirt comes up a little bit, exposing her stomach, and I frown. There are atleast a dozen cuts that you can tell were bad at some point, and seeing them makes me feel like shit, because I'm covered in scars for the same reason.

"You know what, I think I have some. You should leave." I tell her suddenly, wanting her out of here before I crack and become soft and let my guard down. She turns and looks at me like I said something offensive and begins to speak. "Are you su-"

I cut her off. "Get the fuck out, NOW." I say, raising my voice. She looks terrified and leaves my room on an instant, and I close the door behind her. I'm pretty sure I'm bipolar, but who gives a shit? Definitely not me.

Noodles whines and lays down at the foot of my bed, while I pull out my phone. Thank god I got to keep it, because if not I don't know what I'd do. I broke up with my girlfriend a few days ago, after I found out she was the one who called the police on my parents.

I miss her a lot already, but she knew how I felt about her trying to get me help. She can go fuck herself actually, she ruined everything for me. She told me she loved me to death and wanted to be with me all the time, but called the police on my parents when I called her to vent to her about a fight. So instead of being with me even more, she got me sent out of state.

On my lock screen I have 12 missed calls from her, and a few dozen texts from her. I've ignored her since yesterday morning when I was packing my stuff, and I'm getting sick of her calling me. I open imessage and reply to her with a short and simple "Fuck off, get blocked 🥱", and block her number.

I block her on instagram and snapchat as well, not wanting to ever hear from her again. I'm sick of thinking about her, and I'm pretty sure she was cheating on me anyways. She's cheated in the past and promised she wouldn't again, but I know for a fact that she hung out with her ex on multiple occasions, and that I was just getting used.

Laila's POV

I walk back to my room, freaked out by him yelling at me. I don't know what happened or what I did, but I could feel the tension right after he snapped. Whenever guys yell at me I freak out because it makes me think of my dad and how he used to scream and snap at me, and it feels horrible.

I pick up my phone and call John B, just wanting to talk to him. I want him to come back and see me, but I don't know if he's still here. It's been a little while. After four rings he finally answers the phone, and he sounds really happy to hear from me. "Hi laila!!"

"Hey, are you still here?" I ask him, crossing my fingers and hoping for the best. "I'm actually driving home right now, why? Is everything alright?" He asks me, sounding concerned all of a sudden.

"Yeah everything's fine, I just really miss youuu, you should come back.." I tell him, and he returns to sounding super excited. He tells me he'll be back in about 5 minutes, and I exhale in relief. I bound down the stairs and wait on the front porch for him, and begin to not even care what Katie and Ron would think if they caught me bringing him inside and upstairs.

When he gets here, he walks up the stairs and I grab his hand and gently pull him all the way inside up to my room, closing and locking the door behind us just in case Katie comes up and freaks out. "Hmm, I missed you a lot." I tell John B, wrapping my arms around him and giving him a big hug, and he does the same.

"I'm sorry about earlier too, Angelo is our new foster kid but I didn't want to call him that right in front of his face.." I tell him while my arms are still wrapped around him, and he lets out a big "Ohhhhh" which makes me smile. I reach my arms up towards his shoulders and he picks me up, and as soon as he does that I wrap my legs around his waist, and lean in for a kiss as soon as I see the way he's looking at me.

It starts off as a small kiss, and then it deepens into a make out session where we both can't seem to get enough. He carries me over to the bed and lays me down, climbing on top of me without putting any of his weight on me, and continues to make out with me until we both begin to run out of breath.

We both take a moment to catch our breath, sparks flying all throughout my body. He looks at me with pure lust, and our lips reconnect again, while we both breathe heavily. I bring my arms around his back, pulling him closer to me while we make out.

His hands begin to roam and caress around my hips, causing me to gasp when his hands come up slightly under my shirt and feel around my bare stomach. When I gasp, he leans away from the kiss and breathily asks, "Are you alright? We can stop at any time." and I let him know that it's fine.

As soon as our lips reconnect and his hands roam further up, a knock on my door startled me, and he deepens the kiss for another few seconds until I let go. I take a deep breath in, and raise my voice to yell "Yeah??" to find out who it is.