Chapter 34

Laila's POV

Katie lets Hannah inside, and Hannah offers me a hug with her bright and bubbly personality. "Hey, you didn't explain much on the phone, what's going on girly?" She asks Katie, and Katie turns to me and tells Hannah that we need to have a talk.

Me and Hannah sit at the dining room table while Katie grabs her a glass of water, and I look her dead in her eyes and start telling her. "My dad's here, he isn't in jail. He was at boardwalk today, he glared at me and came towards me.." I tell her, and she looks extremely shocked.

"He should be in jail, are you 100% sure it was him, and not somebody similar looking??" She asks me, and I roll my eyes. "I know what my father looks like, and I'm telling you that he's here on the island." I tell her, and she nods.

"Okay, well let me get a hold of my supervisor and we'll sort this out and figure out exactly what's going on here!" She tells me, her bubbly personality showing through at the wrong time. I sigh, looking down at the table as she steps out of the room, on her phone.

Katie comes in and gives me a sympathetic smile, rubbing small circles on my back with her hand. "Hang in there kiddo, it's probably just a coincidence that somebody looked like your dad." She tells me, and it makes me want to snap at her. I KNOW that it was my Dad, I'm not some little child that would get it mixed up.

Hannah comes back into the room, and her skin is more pale than it was when she left the room. "Katie, can I have a word with you? Laila, you're good to go upstairs." She says, making me extremely concerned. I shake it off and head upstairs. If it was something important or if it was my Dad, she would've told me.

I hear John B and Angelo's voice coming from behind Angelo's closed door, so I go to my room alone and quietly shut the door to give myself some alone time. I turn off the lights and lay on my bed, facing the ceiling so that I can just stare at it.

After some time, I hear my name and Payton's name being called from downstairs, so I head down there, followed by Angelo and John B, who seem to be more comfortable with eachother now. When I get downstairs Ron, Katie, and Hannah are all standing in the living room, and tell all four of us to take a seat.

"Guys, this is important and serious." Ron says, with a stern voice. "Laila's dad bailed out of jail, and it appears that he took a plane down here, and also illegally bought a gun with a fake ID." He says, and I suddenly become very lightheaded. It can't be. I knew it, I knew he was here. I don't even feel like crying, I just feel numb.

"We don't know who all he's looking for, but we know that he saw the three of you, and has gone asking around for Angelo and John B's name." He says, making John B and Angelo uncomfortably fidget. Payton looks uncomfortable herself, and i begin to anxiously tap my foot against the floor.

"John B, since you live on your own, I'd like to ask you to come with me. We understand that you've been emancipated, but since you're under 18 and in a potentially dangerous situation, by law you need to be in adult custody, so we're going to start looking for out of state foster families." Hannah says, and I stand up.

"No, No you can't do that please.." I say, a tear rolling down my cheek. They can't take John B from me, I need him right now. "He makes me feel safe, you can't do this to me please. Please don't.." I say bursting out in tears, begging Katie and Ron to not let it happen.

Ron turns to Hannah and asks if they can take custody of him until it's safe again for him to live on his own, and she says that it is possible, and I can finally breath properly again. John B looks like he's about to cry himself, so I hug him, and I don't let go. I do it in front of everybody, I don't even care at this point.

"We need you guys to stay inside until they can catch Laila's father. That means not even the back yard is safe, because we don't know where he is or what his motives are." Katie says to us, and then goes on to tell us that we'll be perfectly safe here. Ron and Hannah go to the dining room to talk our stuff about John B and to sign papers, and Katie stays with us.

"John B, I want you to feel at home here. Think of me and Ron as your mom and dad, we're here to take care of you. We know what happened to you're dad and you have our condolences. We'll set you up a guest bedroom and you can stay here as long as you'd like to." She tells him, and he winces when she talks about his dad. I frown, and squeeze his hand.

He thanks her and holds himself together, and then Katie goes to the dining room to help sort things out. "Well, this fucking blows, there goes all my plans.." Payton says, and angrily gets up and heads to her room. Me, Angelo, and John B exchange looks between all of us, as reality settles in for us.

"Guess you're stuck here too man." Angelo says to John B, and he just smiles. "I don't have a problem with that, actually." John B says, and wraps his arm around me. I melt into his arm and try to relax, knowing that my dad is here.

Katie returns back to the living room, and suspiciously looks at John B's arm around me, but I don't think she actually minds. "I need the three of you to delete any social media you have for the time being, along with Payton. If one of you guys will send her down here, I'll talk to her about it." She says, and we all nod and pull out our phones in sync. I delete tik tok, snapchat, and instagram, and John B and Angelo do the same.

"Who wants to go send the beast downstairs?" I ask, earning a chuckle from both John B and Angelo.

30 votes for next chapter loves <3