Chapter 11

Laila's POV

We all get out of Rafe's car and walk across the sand to a big group of people. I didn't go to a whole lot of parties back at home because my dad never really let me, but I always wanted to go to the big ones that everyone talks about all the time. Nows my chance, I guess.

Sarah and Payton greet so many of their friends and try to introduce me to all of them, but to be truthful, I'm terrible at names and forget everybody's name within a few minutes. There are coolers of alcohol everywhere being poured, and Sarah, Payton, and Rafe get some from a guy I've never met.

Sarah tells me to go get a cup from John B, so I walk over him nervously to get one. The thing that I didn't know is that they sent me to get it from him because he was serving the weakest, since it was my first time drinking. When I asked him for a cup, he frowned at me and shook his head. I thought that he was messing around, so I asked again.

"Cmonn stop kidding around and give me a cup!" I say, scrunching my nose and sticking out my tongue at him. He smiles but shakes his head no, and tells me "You're too innocent, none of this nonsense for you. I'll see you when we play Truth or Dare, Laila."

I roll my eyes at him, slightly annoyed and walk away as he continues to serve drinks. I can take care of myself, I'm not a kid. I don't even know him that well, he doesn't know me that well. There's no Point in trying to shelter me.

Since John B won't give me any, I walk over to another guy who was serving what I thought was the same thing. Everybody around him kept calling him JJ, so I guess that's his name. He hands me a full red solo cup of a clear brownish liquid and I take it with me back over to where Rafe and Payton are standing.

"Soooo I'm gonna leave you with Rafeeee" Payton says to me with a smirk, which makes my heart sink. He just makes me uncomfortable because I don't know him, but it's fine I guess. I stand with my arms crossed next to him while holding my drink. I take my first sip of the drink and almost spit it out, squinting my eyes. It's so strong, but I don't want to seem like a baby so I take another big sip, and it burns my throat.

Rafe laughs at me, and somehow his laugh is a little bit comforting. Topper comes over to us and the two do their fist bump, which makes me start to ask questions inside my head. Topper just dumped Rafe's sister, and they're... friends? I don't understand but it's cool.

"Sarah and Payton left the party, I'm in charge of Laila duty and getting her home." Rafe says after checking his phone, rolling his eyes. He doesn't seem too happy about it, and walks away leaving me with Topper. He tells Topper to keep an eye on me and I nearly start crying.

Why would they leave me here? I just moved here why the hell would they leave me at a party without me? Topper wraps an arm around my waist, making me cringe and flinch. "You can relax, I'm not going to hurt you." He says, for some unknown reason making me relax.

We walk over to the fire where everybody sits in beach chairs in a big circle. This must be the truth or dare circle, and it's cliche just like I imagined. I look around and see John B, and his eyes seem to find me at the same time. Toppers arm is still wrapped around me, and I see his expression go from hurt, to angry. He rolls his eyes and looks away.

The way I wish that I could run to him and explain that I don't want to be anywhere with Topper is insane. He avoids eye contact with me from across the circle, and some girl explains to all the new people and vacationers how the game works. It's basically like spin the bottle, you spin a bottle and whoever it lands on gives the dare to whoever the bottle spins on the next time it's spun.

She spins the bottle, and it spins on John B. She spins it again and it lands on a girl who's clearly dressed like she's on vacation. Not from here. John B looks at me with an evil intent in his eyes. "I dare you to kiss me." He says to this girl, as they both walk towards the middle of the circle. He takes his hands and places them on the sides of her chin and they do more than kiss. They make out in front of all of us.

Really? That's how he wants to play this? Because Topper put his ARM around me? He literally kissed me today. Things were good. He looks at me as soon as he's done kissing her, and I know damn well that I look like somebody just told me that my dog got ran over. I step away from Topper while he's talking to the guy next to us, and step away to another fire with a circle of different people just talking. I walk over to a cooler and take a cup and fill it, downing it as quickly as I can after taking a seat.

I watch from a distance as the truth or dare game continues to go on, as I begin to feel kind of sick. I stand up and stumble around to topper, tapping him on the shoulder and slurring my words. He looks concerned and stands up, wrapping his arm under mine and around me to help me stand.

"Laila, what did you drink?" He asks me, and I shrug, finding everything kind of funny now, starting to giggle. He walks me away from the circle as the game ends. We walk over to a place with a bunch of towels for seats, and take a seat on one while I collapse on his chest. I can see John B looking around for somebody over Toppers shoulder, and I take my chance for revenge when he looks our way.

I shock Topper when I drunkenly place my lips on his, and he doesn't hesitate to kiss me back. My kiss with Topper is a lot different than my kiss with John B. I don't feel a spark, I don't really feel anything. He deepens the kiss into a make out session, leaning me back onto the towel where he's now on top of me.

We continue to make out for a little while longer, and his hand starts to travel down to my shorts, and he starts to fumble with the ties on my shorts. That sends me into absolute panic mode, and I start to try and get out from under him.

"No.. No Topper no!" I say, and he tries to assure me that it's okay and keep going, but I scream at him again, getting up and running towards the parking lot.

A/N 9 votes for the next chapter <3!!