Chapter 3

Laila's POV

After being shown the bathroom, Payton takes me up yet another set of stairs to the third floor, and shows me where her room is, and then across the hall from her, Dawson's room. On the third floor there's also a mini living room looking area with double doors leading to a balcony, and it's honestly really cool.

She takes me back down to the floor my room is on and shows me what she calls their game room, it's another room around the size of their living room with some couches and a pool table, and a bunch of board games and such. On the second floor there are also two guest bedrooms that are a little bit smaller than my bedroom and there's a laundry room and bathroom.

We head back downstairs, and she shows me the dining room, breakfast nook, kitchen, Dawson's playroom, and where her parents room is. Their house is so massive that it's insane, it almost doesn't feel real. After Hannah and Payton's parents finish their business, Hannah leaves and we all sit in the living room.

Her parents tell me how I'm their sixth foster child they've ever had, and that I'm welcome to anything in the house at any time, and that if I need or want anything such as clothes or anything such as that, to just ask and consider it done.

"Oh, and one more thing honey!" mrs Katie says, and leaves the room for a split second, and returning with a small box wrapped in red wrapping paper. She places the box in my hands and tells me to open it after I go up to my room with Payton for the night and to get settled, and to not to stay up too late.

Me and Payton walk upstairs to my room, and sit on my bed, which by the way is humongous. My bed at home was a twin, and this bed is a King sized bed. There's so much room to stretch out, and I love it.

"Hurry up, Open the Box!!" She says while nearly jumping out of happiness. I peel the wrapping paper off of the box to reveal the box for an Iphone 11, and I widen my mouth in shock. "This is so expensive, is this really me for me??" I ask her, while staring her in the eyes looking horrified.

"Yes!! All yours, and it's already set up with a SIM card. Maybe tomorrow I help you set up an instagram and such so that you can follow me and some of the people on the island." I look at her with a super appreciative look. "Really? I'd love that!" I tell her, and she wraps me in a hug.

We spend the next two hours laying on my bed just talking about random things that we like, such as foods and TV shows, and we talk about our biggest pet peeves and things we hate about people. Talking to Payton reminds me of talking to my friends at home. Eventually Payton decides that she wants to go to sleep, and tells me not to even hesitate to come and get her if I need anything.

She leaves my room and closes the door behind her, and I take a minute to just lay back and assess everything that's happened in the last two days. I look around the room and begin to notice how pretty and detailed it is. It's a huge light pink room with windows with little seats in them on two walls, and it's got a huge dresser with a mirror on it, and a walk in closet next to the bathroom.

I walk over to the windows and close the pure white curtains, and pick up my bags off the floor and begin to put my clothes in the closet and dresser drawers. On top of the dresser is a macbook with a note on top that reads For Laila, <3 Mom. Reading the word mom makes me immensely sad, I really miss my mom.

I put my blanket on the bed and my toiletries in the bathroom, and then pull back the gray fluffy sheets on my new bed and crawl beneath them, bringing my new phone with me. I set up my phone, putting a password on it and downloading a bunch of apps such as instagram and snapchat. I know that Payton wanted to help me with an instagram account, but I went ahead and set one up because I really needed to find a way to talk to my friends.