Chapter 14

Laila's POV

I groan as I roll over to the other side of his bed, looking up at his stupid, grinning face. I close my eyes and cover my head with the blanket, hoping he'll just go away so that I can sleep.

"No silly, we've got to go." He says, pulling the blankets off of me, looking at me with some kind of look on his face. I can't explain it, maybe lust? I don't know, I'm not good with guys.

He leans in and gives me a kiss on my forehead, which was the last thing I expected him to do. I can feel my cheeks head up as I blush, so I hide my face in his pillow. He held me last night, and it took me the longest time to go to sleep because I was so excited.

He picks up my clothes and tosses them on the bed, and gives me another one of his shirts, walking out of the room and closing the wooden door behind him. I put my shorts that I hardly remember taking off last night on, along with my bra and cropped top/bathing suit, and put his shirt on over it.

I leave the room and enter the living room where i found JJ last night, to see multiple more people. One I recognize from Payton showing me pictures of, Kiara. I don't know the other boy sitting with her, but they seem to have a thing. They're holding hands, and she rolls her eyes upon seeing me.

"Really? Her John B?" She asks, earning a glare from John B that makes her roll her eyes and focus her attention on the boy she was sitting with. He guides me out his front door and to his van, climbing inside the drivers seat, as I get in the passengers.

While he starts the van, I ask him a question, "What's her problem with me?". He looks at me and laughs. "She gets jealous when any of us hangs out with any girl other than her, I think she enjoys being the only girl in the group." He tells me, as I nod. Makes sense I guess.

The ride is pretty silent besides the humming of the radio that was turned down fairly low. We pull into my driveway and both get out, as he walks me to my front door.

I raise my hand to knock on it, but it flies open before I can even begin to. Payton's worried face relaxes as soon as she sees me, and she wraps me in a tight hug. I'm not really sure what to say since she's technically the one who just left me stranded there, but it's whatever, I'm just glad to see her.

She pulls me inside, shutting the door on John B before I even have the chance to tell him bye, but's it's fine. I'm sure he'll understand, or atleast I hope he will. I thought he was understanding but him kissing that girl kind of waivers my trust with him.

"What the hell happened last night? Where the hell were you???" Payton starts asking me, sounding almost angry at me. She doesn't really have a right to be mad or annoyed at me when all of this could've been avoided last night.

I plan what I'm going to tell her, but decide to leave out the Topper part because I know that Sarah is her best friend and well, they just yknow, broke up. She looks at me while she waits on my answer, and I give it to her.

"Well since you guys left I ended up getting drunk for the first time and John B had to take me home and take care of me being a puking mess." I tell her, with a slight attitude in my tone of voice.

She gives me another reliever hug, and I return the hug. "I skipped school today, so what do you wanna do?" She asks me, already sounding bored, and I shrug.

If I'm being honest, I wanna go see John B even though I JUST saw him. I wanna get to know him more and spend more time with him. He's special, he's different. In all the good ways I think. I'm drawn to him for some reason.

Me and Payton end up making some complicated friendship bracelets while we eat some microwaved chicken tenders at the dinner table. It was actually very relaxing, not doing dumb shit for a while. I must admit, I've been doing really impulsive things since I came here and it's probably better off if it stops.

Like, I don't wanna get caught or get hurt. I need to focus on settling down even more than I already have. Plus I need to focus on keeping in touch with my friends back home. Now that I think about it, I really miss them. I've been homesick, and drowning my feelings in impulsive decisions to take my mind off of it.

I shake off the feelings that I'm feeling right now and work on the friendship bracelet I'm working on. I used to hate making friendship bracelets, but my friends back at home taught me how to read patterns for bracelets, and it got somewhat easier.

They're just time consuming, and if you make one single knot wrong the whole entire bracelet is ruined and looks super sloppy. I usually am not a fan of them unless I'm beyond bored, but at this point if Payton likes them and isn't mad at me, then fuck yeah, I like them too. No harm done.

Payton's POV

Me and Laila sat at the table and made bracelets, while I tried to figure out a way to tell her that my parents asked me to cut contact with John B. They're very secretive about him, but I'd assume it's for good reason. He's unstable, obviously.

"Sooo ummm.." I say, causing her to look up at me with worry in her face. I heard some rumors last night that she was with Topper, but I don't believe she'd do something like that. She's too kind. She knows what happened between Sarah and him, it's just not possible.

"Do you know who Topper was with last night? I've uh.. heard lots of different things." I say, reading her face for a reaction. I can't tell if it's guilt or shock I see across her face, but she shrugs while working on her bracelet as if she genuinely doesn't know.

"Hey, I really think you should be careful with John B.. I don't want you to get hurt or anything like that. He's a heartbreaker." I tell her, and I swear on my life I saw her roll her eyes.

She takes her attention off of her bracelet and looks at me, sighing with an attitude. "Then again, you left me behind last night and he had to take care of me. You didn't even call." She says to me, giving me a full gaze.

"Laila-I-" I begin to say, but stop halfway through. She's got a point I guess. It was a shitty thing to do, but I wasn't sober and I wasn't thinking the way I should've. Laila seems heavily annoyed with me, and I can see why.

A/N 12 votes for next chapter, hope y'all r havin a good day :-)