Chapter 10

Laila's POV

I woke up to the sound of the doorbell being rang multiple times, and rolled over to see that John B was no longer sitting in bed with me, which made me slightly disappointed. I think I've already caught feelings, which is dangerous.

I walk downstairs to see Payton with her hand on the doorknob, about to pull it open. She turns around and gives me a thumbs up before opening the door to be greeted by Sarah, sobbing her eyes out.

As soon as Payton opens the door Sarah gives her a hug, crying into her shoulder. "What's wrong??" Payton asks her, sounding genuinely worried for Sarah. She doesn't reply to her and just continues to cry as the two go to the living room. I've got so many questions. Like where did John B go? What's wrong with Sarah? What time is it?

I follow the two into the living room while Payton holds the mentally unstable Sarah on the couch. "Topper.. He broke up with me.." She says between sobs, and continues to cry. Payton comforts her and tells her that it's okay and she's so much better than him and can do better.

"Laila, can you go get some tissues from the kitchen?" Payton asks me, and upon an instant I head to the kitchen to get some, even though I don't know where they're at. I begin to open cabinets to look for some when somebody comes up behind me and covers my mouth, as I try to scream.

"Shhh, shhhh." The person says, and grabs my shoulders and turns me to where I'm facing them. It's John B, and he hands me tissues and whispers in my ear so close to me that I can feel his hot breath on my neck, sending shivers down my spine. "Cover for me so I can sneak up to your room and hide so Sarah doesn't find out, she'll tell her Dad."

I nod and he creeps behind me and stops at the doorway when I enter the living room. Payton knows he's here, so I give her the tissues and stand in front of Sarah, making her focus on me. I start a stupid speech about how she's so much better than a dumb fuckboy who isn't worth her time.

I watch as John B tip toes behind the couch she's sat on and creeps up the stairs. Sarah finally stops crying and doesn't go back to being happy and bubbly, but she doesn't seem super sad anymore.

"Yknow what?" Sarah asks us, and we nod waiting for her to finish. "Party at the boneyard tonight, We're all going. I'm gonna stunt on Toppers stupid ass." She says, grinning from ear to ear. We hype her up and she and Payton go to Payton's room to gossip and pick out an outfit, and as soon as they go to her room I run to my room as fast as possible.

As soon as I open the door, he's nowhere to be seen, until I open the closet door to see him sitting on the ground on his phone. He looks up at me with his big brown eyes. "Is it clear?" He asks, beginning to stand up, and I nod.

He jokes around like a goof and reaches his hands up towards me to help him stand up, and I grab his hands and pull him up towards me, but not letting go of his hands when he's up. He smiles at me, not letting go of my hands either. He pulls me in for a hug, and I let go of his hands and wrap them around his chest.

I didn't notice how tall he was until now. I'm 5'5, and he's probably about 6'1. He's huge compared to me, and I don't mind it. He wraps one of his hands around my waist, and places his other hand on my head, holding it to his chest for a few seconds, and then we end the hug.

"Hey Laila?" He asks me, giving me butterflies when I hear him say my name. "Hmmm?" I say, and look at him, and before I know it he leans in. I've never kissed a boy before, so I panic and just let my body take control. It was a meaningful kiss, but without any tongue or anything. We both pull away, neither of us able to contain our smiles.

We intertwine our hands, and at that moment my door flies open. Me and him both jump atleast two feet apart, and Sarah gasps. "Okay I knew he was here, but what the hell??" She says, turning to Payton, who's face is filled with complete anger. She looks pissed off.

"JOHN B, WHAT DID I LITERALLY JUST TELL YOU?" She yells, walking towards him and pushing him backwards. His cheeks turn red in embarrassment and she rolls her eyes, looking at me with disapproval.

"I think it's time for you to go home John B." Payton says, ushering him to the front door while me and Sarah start talking about the party, acting like she didn't just walk in on John B and me having a moment. She's acting pretty well for somebody who just got dumped, which is cool I guess. Good for her.

She starts going through my drawers because she's decided she wants to choose my outfit. Payton comes back and also without saying a word about John B, helps her while I just sit on the bed and watch them tear through my clothes.

After a solid twenty minutes of digging through my stuff, they come up with this outfit for me.

I look at it, and take it to the bathroom to put on

I look at it, and take it to the bathroom to put on. Looking in the mirror, I actually like it. Not necessarily my typical style, but I like it nonetheless. I come out of my bathroom to show them, and they love it. Sarah takes a picture of the three of us in the bathroom mirror for her instagram, and posts it, tagging me and Payton. They've already gotten dressed and they ask me if I'm ready to go. I nod.

We all decide to ride with Rafe to the party, Sarah in the front seat and me and Payton in the back. The three of them explain to me how parties at the boneyard usually go. It's a tradition to have one big game of truth or dare after it gets dark by the fire. I tell them that I've never drank alcohol before, and they just laugh.

A/N 8 votes for the next chapter :) Hope u guys r enjoying !!