Chapter 9

Laila's POV

The knock on my door startled me, making me scramble to my bathroom to try and fix the way I looked. A worried sounding "Laila?" from the other side of the door made me hurry as fast as I could, but he opened the door to my room anyways.

He casually walked into the bathroom as I was wiping at my eyes with a towel. His concerned brown eyes looking me in the face. Without a word his expression changes to a soft comforting look, as he opens his arms towards me.

I take my opportunity and fill the space between us and wrap my arms around him, laying my head against his chest. He places his arms around me, embracing me in a warm hug. I melt into his arms for a second, and become disappointed when he loosens his grip and steps away.

It's probably for the best. I didn't move her for a relationship, and it's frowned upon anyways. I turn back to the mirror and continue wiping away the mascara from under my eyes and dry my face, as John B awkwardly stands there and watches.

When I finish, I walk back into my room followed by John B. It's only 2:45, and I have no idea what to do for the rest of the time. Payton gets home around 3:45 and I guess John's gonna be here until then. Maybe? I don't know. I sit on my bed, and he just stands next to the bed doing nothing.

"So there's this party at the boneyard tonight... Do you maybe wanna come if Payton would go with you?" He asks me, with a slight hint of hope in his voice. The boneyard. Payton told me about that. But a party on a school night? Weird.

"I'll think about it." I tell John B, and pull out my laptop, opening netflix. I motion him over to the bed, and he sits down on the complete opposite side of the bed.

John B's POV

Sitting across from her on the bed, I help her choose a show to watch. She told me that she's never seen stranger things, so we begin watching that. After about thirty minutes in, she's sleeping.

I turn to look at her, and pause the movie. She looks so innocent and sweet, like an angel. So peaceful. She fell asleep on top of the covers so I get up and take her laptop and sit it on her dresser, and take the blue blanket off the bottom of her bed and stretch it out over her.

I lay under the blanket but on the opposite side of her, wanting to give her the space she needs so that I don't come off as a creep. I've known her for less than a week, and I guess it's stupid of me to gravitate towards her because she's new. We hardly ever get new people that move to the island, and I don't really mess with tourists.

I really hope she'll come to the party tonight, I want her to meet my friends. Kie doesn't really like the idea of me wanting to be around a kook, but JJ and Pope don't care. I don't see why Kie cares so much, because she's somewhat part kook herself. She and Payton are friends, just not close friends.

Mid thought, Laila scoots close to me in her sleep, rolling almost on top of me in her sleep. She has one of her legs over the bottom half of my body and her head next to my chest. I swear that I stop breathing for a second, and relax so that she can be more comfortable.

After getting used to her laying on me like that, I pull out my phone as quietly as possible, using it with only one hand. It's nearly 3:45, which is time for Payton to come home. I open my messages with Payton and tell her that I'm still here and that she needs to be quiet when she comes inside because Laila fell asleep.

She replied with
No shit sherlock, you kept her up late. I'm almost home.
After reading her text, I lock my phone and close my eyes, wrapping my arm around her and resting it on her back.

Payton's POV

I let myself into my house and go straight up to Laila's room, quietly opening her door and becoming absolutely disgusted as soon as I see them practically cuddling. Them being friends is bad enough, but his disgusting pouge self with my sister like that? No. Just no.

I walk over to him and shake him until he opens his eyes, looking at me and then at her, holding his finger up to his lips and pointing, looking angry at me for bothering him. "Get up, now." I whisper to him, as he slithers out from under her as quickly as possible.

I angrily drag him out of her room by his shirt, taking him downstairs. As soon as I know we're definitely out of earshot, I begin to curse him out.

"What the fuck John B? No! No! Just no! Friends. Only friends! You'll hurt her! No pouge on Kook bullshit." I say, glaring at him. He looks at me with a hurt expression, and explains to me that she was upset with what happened with Rafe and Topper. He just doesn't like Rafe because he's a kook and doesn't hesitate to put him in his place.

Personally, I ship her with Rafe. They'd be adorable together, and it's my master plan to get them together. Laila turns 16 in two weeks, and Rafe turned 19 a few days ago, but in the OBX nobody really cares. Couples will be couples.

The doorbell rings, making me hurry John B into the pantry to hide him.

Authors note: Sorry for the short chapter but i wanted to update you guys!! Vote on this if you want another chapter.

7 votes for another chapter.