Chapter 18

Laila's POV

At this point I'm ready to risk it all, I don't want to part ways with him. I've never been an adventurous and risky person, but there's a time for everything I suppose.

We walk back towards my house, hand in hand. I love being with him, I love the secure feeling it gives me. It feels like home, it's comfortable. It's safe, and I feel like I'm soaring on cloud 9.

When we reach my house we sneak in my back door, tip toeing up to my room. I lock my door behind me just in case Katie or Payton is the one who tries to wake me up in the morning. I'm not a heavy sleeper, so if they knock I'll wake up and take care of it. But, usually they don't try to wake me up. I wake up when I wake up and go downstairs usually.

He sits on my bed, and I turn on my lights, just happy over the fact that he's with me, and not somewhere else. He's here, with me. I'm safe and so is he. It's truly the best feeling ever.

"It's really hot in here" John B says, and I agree with him. Without warning, he pulls his shirt off, exposing his toned chest. I get butterflies in my stomach upon seeing him like that on my bed. It's crazy to think a guy like this, who looks and acts like this, would fall for me.

I once again decide to be very risky, and grab some things out of my closet and walked to my bathroom. I put on a skintight crop top and short volleyball shorts to sleep in, looking in the mirror and becoming slightly self conscious.

But then again, if he wants to play the game of taking off his shirt like that and knowing what he's doing, two can play at this game. I brush my hair once again and wash my face, coming back into the bedroom.

I avoid eye contact with him while I walk over to my dresser and laundry basket to put up my clothes, and I can definitely feel his eyes on me. I swear that I hear a slight gasp from behind me where he's standing, but I'm not completely sure.

I take a deep breath in before I turn to face him, and his eyes watch my every move. I act as innocent as possible as I don't know what I'm doing. I turn the lights off and plug in my phone, climbing under the sheets and blankets on my bed, John B doing the same.

"I don't know but it's kind of cold now.." I say to John B, knowing exactly what I want to happen next. Just as I was hoping, he replies to me with "Then come here." in a somewhat groggy, deep voice.

I scoot over to him, and he lifts me pretty much on top of him, which I'm fine with. Feeling our bare skin touch sends shivers up and down my spine, creating a feeling that I've never felt before.

He slides his hands down my back as our lips meet, giving me the same spark that I got the first time we kiss. This time the kiss deepened into a full on make out session, as our tongues fought for dominance until we were both out of breath, pulling away from eachother.

"Fuck.." John B gasped between breaths, as I laid my head down against his chest. He wraps his arms around me tightly, holding me as close to him as possible. I melt into his grasp, becoming rather comfortable. This is something that I'm going to get attached to, and I'm fine with that.

I drift off to sleep in the comfort of his arms, feeling untouchable. Things like this make me forget everything, such as my shitty dad and shitty feelings.

Laila's POV-The next morning

A large knock on the door followed by rattling startles me off of John B, who looks at me with an extremely worried face. I jump up off the bed, panicking as I think of what to do.

"Hang on!!! One minute!!!" I yell to whoever is raising such hell outside my door, and grab John B by the arm and escort him into my bathroom. I grab a robe off of the back of the door and shut it on my way out, slipping it over what I have on.

I open the door, and my jaw drops in shock. YES. This can't be happening. "Cameron!!!!" I scream, jumping into his arms, not letting go for a solid few minutes. Everything's suddenly getting better, ever since I moved here.

"God.. You're here early, I'm so glad." I mumble into his neck, missing my best friend. It hasn't even been that long since I've seen him, but with all that's happened, it's definitely been too long.

John B's POV

You've actually got to be fucking kidding me. Me and Laila had a great night, and then this. This. This happens. The same dude I was worried about last night, is here. Right now. Just when I thought maybe I was in the clear. I swear to god kooks can make anything happen. Now we've got yet another New Yorker here.

From what she told me about him, he sounds like the "guy you shouldn't be worried about" that girls tell guys about, when they actually should be worried about them. Great. Fun. I'm soooo amused. Not.

I sit behind her counter in the bathroom, in case somebody comes in, and listen into their conversation. So far, no harm in their conversation about how things are where she moved from, but I still can't help but to be jealous. This is the girl that I want to be with, and now there's a guy that's most likely more important to her. In her room. That knows her better.

I hear her open and close a few drawers after telling him she was going to change, and I duck below the cabinets as she opens the door. As soon as I hear her click the lock, I stand up and face her with a concerned look on my face.

"Really?" I whisper, sounding hurt. We were supposed to spend the morning together, and there goes our plans. Gone. Because of this guy.

"Relax, John B. He's only a friend, I promise." She whispers, coming towards me for a hug, and i hold her tightly to me. I plan a kiss on her lips, and then she decides to deepen the kiss.

After she does that, I guide her backwards against the bathroom wall while we make out, and when we run out of breath I trail my lips down her neck. I know exactly what I'm going to do, assuming she won't get pissed off at me for it.

I kiss and suck at her neck, leaving two small little hickeys at the base of her neck, and back away smirking at her. As soon as she realizes what's been done, her face widens and she rushes over to the mirror.

A/N 28 votes for the next chapter <3