Chapter 30

Laila's POV

I follow Angelo into the living room cautiously, because he seems like he may snap at me if I bother him too much. "Can I meet your dog?" I ask him, and he stops in his tracks and turns around to face me with a cold stare.

"I don't see why not." He says, and continues to walk at a fast pace out of my house, and I speed walk to keep up with him. He opens the back of the same car that I rode here in, and out comes a huge husky, it's gotta he mixed with something because it's abnormally big for a husky.

The dog walks over to me with a wagging tail, happily bouncing around me. I crouch and pet him and scratch behind his ears, and he licks at my hands. "What's his name?" I ask, and he replies with Noodles, making me giggle. I see a smile begin to crack at the ends of Angelos lips when I give his dog a hug, making me feel successful.

"Follow me, you need to meet our dog." I tell him, and I walk towards the back yard to show him and Noodles Diego.

John B's POV

At this point I'm raking some mulch in Laila's backyard, when I see her come bounding around her house followed by a boy who looks like he hasn't sleep in approximately a week and a half. I scrunch my nose in confusion and watch her while she has no idea, and begin to think.

Is that who she's been hanging out with? I don't think I've ever seen him at school, but he could go to the other high school on the island. Does she like him more than me? I watch as a dog that I presume to be his follows him and runs up to Diego, and they sniff eachother and begin to play.

She talks to the boy standing with her, and I eventually have enough. I put down my rake and walk over to her, trying to act as casual as possible. The boy looks at me with a confused look on his face, and turns to Laila. "I thought Dawson was your only brother?" and she laughs.

"Angelo, meet John B. He works here for my Dad, and John B meet Angelo." She says, not saying who Angelo is to her. I offer a nod in his direction, and look at her for answers, but she doesn't pay any attention. They boy doesn't acknowledge me whatsoever, and goes and pets Diego.

She finally gives me a sympathetic look, which just angers me, but for her sake I don't say anything. "Can we talk later?" I ask her with a stern tone, causing Angelo to look up at me as she gulps and nods. Before anything escalates, I walk away and back to what I was doing beforehand.

I just wanna know that I'm not getting played here, because I don't feel like wasting my time. She's great and all, and she's the one I have my eyes set on, but if she's only playing games then I don't want anything to do with her. I just don't want to get hurt, but I'm also not going to act on assumptions either.

I glance at her every now and then while she sits on the lawn chairs in the back with the boy, until Ron and Katie call them inside. Something doesn't seem right with the boy, he follows several steps behind and seems to make sure he stays far enough behind, and he didn't seem very talkative.

Laila's POV

I tried to talk to Angelo for a little bit in the backyard, but he didn't want to hold a conversation. I feel bad for John B, but I didn't know how Angelo would feel if I straight up called him a foster kid. I know I wouldn't like it if people went around introducing me like that, so I didn't.

I don't want to upset John B, and I think it's sweet that he seems somewhat jealous, but I also feel really bad. I plan on trying to meet up with him or atleast talk on the phone with him tonight to try and make things better. I don't wanna leave him anxious over anything, or something like that.

Right now we're all inside in the living room, bidding goodbyes to our social worker. Angelo doesn't say much, and I don't think I've heard a positive thing come out of his mouth so far yet, but I guess it'll take time. He seems like he'll take a lot longer to become acclimated than I did, and that's fine.

After our social worker leaves Ron helps him take his bags up to his room, and then Ron comes back downstairs, meaning Angelo probably wants to be left alone. "The kid needs some loving, this ones gonna need some extra work, but give him his space.." He says to Katie, with sympathy for Angelo in his voice.

I haven't seen Payton since I started showing him around, so I go upstairs to see her. When I walk into her room she just seems annoyed, so I ask her what's wrong. "I thought he was supposed to be cute or something, and instead we're stuck with Mr. Attitude who isn't even model status." She says, sounding really bitchy.

If I'm being honest, he's cute enough to be a fuckboy, which seems like her type. So I don't understand why she's complaining, but I'm not going to argue with her because I don't wanna start any sort of drama. He's technically a family member anyways, so it's for the better that neither of us find him attractive. It may be legal, but it doesn't feel right.

Angelo makes me think of my older brother, that I haven't heard from since he turned 18. I wonder how he's doing, and if he's happy wherever he is. I frown at the thought, and head back down to my room. Angelo's door is shut, and I sigh. I hope he's doing alright in there, I know exactly how he feels right now.

I notice that his dog Noodles is laying in front of the door, so I assume he doesn't want him in there with him. As soon as I walk by Noodles stands up, and bounds over to me. I hesitate before continuing to my room, with Noodles behind me.

He whines and enters my room, and I leave the door open since he's in here with me. I pet him while I pull out my phone from my pocket and go on tik tok. I think about making a video to a dance I learned to the song rockstar by dababy, and end up doing it. I post it, and it's the first video Ive ever posted on tik tok before.

I put my phone down when Noodles starts to pace around my room and whine, and I assume maybe she wants Angelo. She follows me as I walk out of my room and down the hall to Angelo's room. I softly knock on his door, just loud enough for it to be heard.

After about 20 seconds, I hear shuffling and then the door handle twisting and opening. He stares at me with his troubled hazel eyes in annoyance, and he looks like he wants me to go away.

25 as usual, <3