Chapter 42

John B's POV

During a rather intimate moment, a loud bang on the bathroom door sends Laila into panic, and startles me so bad I nearly fall out of the shower. The bang repeats, and it turns into regular knocking.

Laila's face looks at me in terror, and I clear my throat to answer. "Who is it??" I yell, my voice echoing over the running water and bathroom fan. "Where's Laila?" Payton's voice questions from the other side of the hopefully locked door, and I hesitate before answering.

"She's with me, why?" I answer, slightly lowering my voice, not wanting her grandparents to hear, not knowing how they'd react. I hear a malicious giggle from Payton, and then she replies with a "Just wondering, couldn't find her.." and I can barely hear her footsteps walk away from the door.

I turn around to face Laila, who's face is as white as a sheet of paper. "It's fine, we're fine.." I reassure her, planting a kiss on her forehead and snaking one of my arms around her waist. Her body is tense, and I chuckle at how timid she gets.

"Do you need to wash your hair or anything?" I ask her, motioning to the women's shampoo and conditioner sitting in the corner of the shower shelf, and she looks at it and hesitates. "I do, but now this is kind of.. awkward..." She mumbles, and I bite back a laugh.

She looks amazing, she's absolutely perfect. Even better looking without clothes, I just admit. "Hmm, then I'll let you finish your shower.." I say, and she shoots me a thankful look. I plant a kiss on her lips and step out of the shower, grabbing a towel from a hook on the wall.

I drape it around my waist, tucking it in at my hip. I stand in front of the foggy mirror, wiping at it with my hand just enough to see myself. I run my fingers through my pretty tangled hair, and then let Laila know I'm opening the bathroom door to go grab clothes and then coming back.

"Hey wait, can you please grab me a change too?" She asks, her soft angelic voice echoing within the bathroom. "Of course, this ought to be fun.." I say, and she sighs in anticipation. I open the bathroom door and peer both ways down the hallway before holding the towel against my hip and bolting towards my room.

Angelo sits on the couch, looking stressed out and does a double take when he sees me. "Ever heard of bring a change in the bathroom?" He asks me, and I shoot him a glare. I kneel down in front of my bag, grabbing a change of clothes for myself, and sitting them to the side before moving over to Laila's bag.

Angelo gives me a "What the hell???" type of look when I open her bag and start to rummage through it, trying my hardest to find what she needs. I struggle and pull a cute lacey bra that I think she'd look amazing in from one corner of the bag, followed by a pair of panties. I grab a pair of black and white nike shorts, and then an idea strikes me.

I grab another one of my shirts from my bag, standing up to head back to the bathroom. I put trust in the way that the towel is tied to my waist and hold the clothes in both my hands, tip toeing back to the bathroom and plopping all the clothes down on the counter.

While Laila finishes her shower, I slip my clothes on. Eventually, the water turns off and Laila leans out of the shower to grab a towel, while I try my hardest not to make her uncomfortable by staring. We make eye contact for a brief moment before she steps back behind the curtain and shuffles around, emerging once again with a towel wrapped around her whole body.

"Here you go.." I say, pointing to the stack of clothes on the counter, while she grins and asks me to turn around. I give her a pouty face and then do as she asks, turning back around to face her when she tells me that I can. She looks adorable, my shirt nearly goes all the way down to her knees.

"I like my shirt on you, hottie.." I mummer to her, leaning in for a quick kiss. I wanna give this girl the whole world, and then some. She's amazing, she makes me happy, and I just want to make her happy. That's my biggest priority.

She steps beside me and looks in the mirror, running her fingers through her hair until she's satisfied, and I smile at her. "Hold on.." I tell her, pulling my phone out of my pocket and grabbing my phone. I want to start taking pictures of us, to cherish moments we have together.

A/N guys i am so so sorry about how long it took to update but recently i had some events pop up in my life in september and ended up meeting the best person of my life after an abusive relationship that lasted a while and i'm doing pretty okay. if anybody ever wants to talk or be friends, my snap is @im_lanie and my ig is unfortunatelyunoriginal