Chapter 36

John B's POV

I held Laila for a little bit while she fell asleep, and she ended up rolling off of me and I wasn't able to go to sleep. I leave her room as quietly as possible, and walk up the stairs and knock on Payton's door, wanting answers.

She opens the door, and I stand there with a glare on my face. "For what? You did it for what, Payton?" I ask, and she smirks. "Durability test, you guys passed." She says, and I roll my eyes. "It's not funny, don't pull that shit anymore." I say, and walk down to the kitchen to get some water.

I grab a glass from the drying rack, and walk to the fridge and get some water. "John B honey, I set up your room." Katie says in a motherly tone, smiling at me with a gentle face. "Thank you so much, I appreciate what you guys are doing for me so much." I tell her, and give her the most heartfelt smile I can.

"No sex in my house, John B." She says, half joking, half serious. "What'd you mean by that?" I ask her, and she giggles at me. "I was your age at one time, it's quite obvious there's something going on between you and Laila, and I'm all for it. Just no sex." She says, and the room becomes awfully awkward. I feel my cheeks heat up in embarrassment, and I nod.

I turn to walk out, but Katie speaks once more. "Can you see if Angelo will open up to you, while you're here?" She asks, sounding concerned for him. "Of course." I tell her, and walk out of the room with my water.

I walk upstairs to fulfill her request, knocking on the doorframe of Angelo's open door. It just now occurred to me that our rooms share the same bathroom, there's an entry to the bathroom connected to both of our rooms. Interesting.

"Hey man, what's up?" I ask him, and he looks up from his phone. "Not much, just trying to find a way to prevent No caller ID calls." He tells me, and I sit on the other side of his bed, intrigued.

"Oh damn, got a stalker?" I ask him jokingly, but he looks at me with a serious look. "Actually, yeah. My ex." he says, and I laugh. "Been there, done that. I can show you how though." I tell him, and hold my hand out for his phone, and he gives it to me.

I navigate my way to his verizon app, and block all calls from callers without an ID. He thanks me, and then I notice how his background is a Rainbow six siege character. "Dude, I love siege. They have two xbox'a here in the game room with siege, because they're fucking rich. Wanna 1v1?" I ask him, and his face lights up. "Hell yeah, let's gooo." He says, and we both stand up.

We walk into the game room, and we sit in front of the TV's, grabbing controllers and headsets out of a box, and I look around and find the remotes lying on a coffee table. We both get really into the game, playing and raging at eachother every now and then when the game feels rigged.

Katie walks into the room and I take off my headset along with Angelo, when she looks at us getting along and smiles. "Me and Ron are going out to eat, do NOT leave the house. I brought the dogs inside." She says, and we both answer with yes ma'am almost at the same time.

We go back to the game, playing for atleast a solid 15 minutes without distractions.

Laila's POV

I wake up, yawning and rolling over, realizing John B isn't there and frowning. I stretch and get up, wanting to watch TV. I walk out of my room and hear John B and Angelo screaming about an unfair kill, and understand that they're definitely playing video games, so I leave them be and head downstairs.

I sit down on the couch in the living room, turning on the TV. I watch a show called YOU for about 30 minutes, and the doorbell rings. Without thinking, I stand up to go answer it. I walk over to the front door, opening the door.

"Hi, la-" I let out a bloodcurdling scream, and slam the door on my father, twisting the lock as quickly as I can. "LAILA???" I hear John B scream from upstairs, as my dad begins to POUND on my front door. I run away from the door, running in tears towards the stairs, just as John B runs down the stairs.

"Hey, hey, what the hell is that?" He asks while grabbing me with his arm, pulling me behind him. All of a sudden the knocking stops, and he goes to open the door and I scream. "No!!!" I scream, and he stops, looking at me. "Who was that??" He asks, and I stutter. "M-my d-dad.."

"Fuck.. Hurry up lock all the doors and windows downstairs in case.." He says, and runs towards the back door while I scramble around in shock and lock everything. By now Payton and Angelo are standing cluelessly in the living room, and I just stand there in tears and shock.

John B wraps his arms around me, pulling me to his chest and holding me closely. "Payton, call your parents right now. Her dads here." he says urgently to her, and then proceeds to rock me back and forth and whispers to me that it's okay, and that he has me.

Angelo's POV

I stand in the living room in awe about what just happened, while Payton runs upstairs to grab her phone. Laila stands up in John B's embrace, crying. I feel terrible for her, she probably can't get away from this shit. I'd be mortified. "Can you comfort her, I need to look around through the windows and make sure he's not still here." He says to me, and I nod.

"No.. Don't leave please no" Laila cries, and clings to him while he tries to peel her off of him. "Take her upstairs, please." He says and pulls her off of himself, pushing her gently towards me. I'm not good at comforting people, but I know that she's been through what I have and I know she needs it. I'd be so scared if my dad showed up.

"Hush.. Come on." I tell Laila, and take her by the hand. I hate physical contact, but I can literally feel her pain just by standing here with her and seeing her like this. I just got here today and I already feel for her. So much seems to happen on this island so quickly.

I take her to my room, and shut and lock the door to try and make her feel safer. "He can't hurt you in here Laila, it's fine.." I tell her as she sobs. That doesn't seem to help anything, so I sit down on the floor and pull her into a hug. She slowly begins to calm down, but not much while I do everything I can to not shove her off of me, given that I hate hugs. She collapses on me and I just sigh.

Atleast 5 minutes go by until John B comes and knocks on my door with Payton. "Ron and Katie are 30 minutes away. I didn't see him anywhere but Payton called the cops. They'll be here soon." John B says from the other side of the door, and I stand up and unlock it, leaving Laila hyperventilating on the floor while he comes in followed by Payton.

He kneels down on the floor next to her, grasping her chin gently with his fingers and pointing her head up towards him, planting a soft kiss on her forehead. "You're fine, baby." he says to her, making me cringe slightly.

30 votes