Chapter 38

Payton's POV

I talk with my mom and dad when they get home about what happened, and they seem extremely concerned and worried. Frankly, they don't have any idea on what to do. I don't even feel safe in my home anymore, like how the hell did this dude even find our house? THIS fucking quickly??

Payton's been all sorts of messed up, and John B's just been there to try and keep her calm and collected. "So what're we going to do?" I ask them, and mom gives me a sympathetic smile while Dad begins to speak up. "I think you four are going to have to stay with Grandma Cassie and Grandpa Bob until they can get a hold of Laila's dad." He says, and I nearly scream.

"What do you mean GET A HOLD OF HIM?? He needs to be arrested!!!!" I yell, and my dad looks taken aback. "He paid bail, and we have no proof he was ever at the house. Technically he hasn't been caught doing anything illegal yet." He says to me, and I feel like I'm about to cry. Grandma Cassie and Grandpa Bob literally live in Georgia in a big city, nothing like here.

I've only been to their house a few times, quite a few years ago. They always fly up here and stay with us because we have more room and a better environment, and now I'm getting shipped off because of Laila's stupid psycho dad. Wonderful. Amazing!!!

"You're kidding?" I say, and he gives me a stern look. "Go get some suitcases for everybody, and have them pack and set an example for the rest of them. Dawson stays with us, though." He says, and the look on his face warns me not to argue with him.   I stand up and leave their room, heading up to Angelo's room where everybody regrouped and gathered.

"Angelo and John B, thank fuck you haven't unpacked yet!!" I say sarcastically as I forcefully push open the door with an attitude. Everybody looks up at me with pure confusion on their face, and Angelo looks slightly afraid of me because of my entrance. "What's that supposed to mean?" John B asks, and I sigh.

"The four of us are being carried off to my grandparents for safety, suitcases are in the hallway closet on my floor. Let's goooo, we don't have time." I impatiently say, and walk off to my room to throw my shit in a bag or two and let my life get even more complicated than it needs to be. I love Laila but this shit is stupid and frankly, I wish she would've gone to another family with this bullshit. I want a refund.

John B's POV

I help Laila bring suitcases to her room, as she just seems to get more depressed as the day goes on. My clothes are still in the bag that Laila's dad brought them in, and Angelo never really got completely around to unpacking. I sit on her bed as she walks all around the room, stuffing random shit into two sizeable suitcases.

Right before I helped her bring the suitcases, Ron came up and explained that we could take a little bit more time because they'd be flying us out on one of their personal private jets, which sounds dope. The joys of being rich, I guess. I've never been on a plane period, I've never really left the island more than 5 or so times just to go to mainland with Dad. I haven't  had any desire to leave ever since he left, but I don't really have a choice.

I could throw a fit and run away, because I have no desire or want to go all the way to Georgia, but I'm doing it for Laila. She needs me, and I know it. I can feel it. I also need her too, deep down. She's grown on me, and I'm fine with that. She's an angel, she's just. Perfect. Absolutely fucking perfect.

She stuffs the final few things that she plans on packing and then zips the suitcase closed. She only packed two suitcases, which is the same amount of clothes Ron grabbed for me from my hut. I get up and help her take them downstairs, sitting them in the space next to the front door. Ron and Katie have already taken Angelo, Payton, and my suitcases to the car, and they take hers too.

"Please take care of Noodles, please.." Angelo says to Katie, and you can hear the pain in his voice. He told me not long ago, that his dog is all he has. That dog is the reason that he's here. I understand it, I truly do. The loss of parents isn't something that's easy to get over, I get it. We all gather around in the living room for a little, and then get in the car.

We have to take two separate cars because of how much stuff and people we have, and unfortunately I don't get to ride with Laila. Payton, Katie, and Laila took one car, and the rest of us took Rons car. We arrive to the airstrip, which is probably one of the only places on this island that i've never visited before. We pull right up to a small private charter jet on the runway, and everybody steps out of their cars.

Ron begins to speak with his hired pilot while he instructs me and Angelo to help the copilot load and the luggage into the storage compartment of the plane. As me and Angelo are carrying bags back and fourth, he turns and looks at me. "This shit doenst even feel real, man. It's batshit crazy." He says, with a nonchalant laugh.

I agree, honestly. It's crazy, but I can't imagine how crazy it feels for him. And even Laila too. Just being whisked around from family to family, and place to place like this. It's insane. "Yeah, it's fucking wack." I reply, and he nods. We finish loading everything up, and head over to where Payton is bidding farewell to her parents and Dawson, crying a lot more than she should be.

After about 20 minutes of explaining from Katie and Ron of what to do as soon as we reach Georgia, we board the small plane, which is extremely nice inside. There's a personal waiter inside the cushioned plane designated to bring us snacks and drinks, even though the plane ride is only an hour and a half. Being rich must be nice, because this shit is absolutely bomb.

I take a seat on a cushioned lounge couch next to Laila, wrapping my arm around her and planting a gentle kiss on the side of her head. She smiles for the first time all day, making my heart warm. Everybody else takes their seat, and shortly the plane takes off. 

I personally don't like how it feels to be in a plane, mainly because I'm used to a boat. This feels nothing like a boat, and it just doesn't feel right. Payton stands up and walks around, probably because she's used to being able to take planes whenever and wherever she wants, because she's rich.

A/N sorry it took so long to update, if i'm being honest i've just been fucking depressed and unmotivated.