Chapter 1

Ever since turned to shit I haven't been able to keep track of anything. Even the simpler things, like the day of the week or even how old I am. It's not really a surprise considering the fact that everything has stopped working.

Currently, I travel with a group, it's safer this way. Travelling through Atlanta never seemed so scary. We needed supplies, we wouldn't be able to last another week without them. I wanted to help, pull my weight. I suppose I regret my decision with the walkers that have trapped us inside a clothing store. 

Standing on a rooftop with complete destruction beneath you is a scary thing - it makes you wonder if you will manage to survive whatever the hell this freak show can be classed as. Watching the walkers seemed peaceful, they were mindless, there was no pattern that they had to conform to. 

"Hey, Millie. Come look at this." Glenn. The go-to guy for getting around the city. I strolled over, the hot sun beating down on us.

"What's up?" I asked, my eyes drifted to the walkers. They all moved to the central part of the city. I followed the walkers with my eyes, seeing a horse fall and a man run. There was a blur of rotten flesh and the man diving to the tank in the middle of the street. Glenn had always been a quick thinker, I admired this about him.

"Hey, dumbass. Yeah, you in the tank." However, he wasn't the best sweet-talker.

"What's your name?" The man in the tank, the unknown. He seemed to ask stupid questions. So much so that Glenn had looked over and given me an annoyed sigh. 

"We don't have time for that -  not now, we need to get you out of there."

"Do you have any advice?" He asked. Here is where Glenn comes into play, his mind is a genius when it comes to getting out of jams.

"Yeah, make a run for it." Glenn said, like it was obvious. Ok, this doesn't match to my previous admiration. Then he carried on. "There are loads of geeks feeding to the left, so you get out, kill the one on top and meet me in the second ally to the right. I'll be there." Glenn finished and immediately went to the ally.

I decided to go downstairs, away from the roof and wait for them to come back. Andrea looked pissed. The guy had shot a few bullets. If we weren't in deep shit before, we are now.

The mystery guy had made an entrance to our lives. Glenn leading him into the room. I had just started to study his face until Andrea pushed him against a wall and put a gun in his face.

"Andrea!" I shouted, this doesn't make us seem all that friendly. 

"You've killed us!" She shouted, causing more noise. I pulled her away from the man and took her to the other side of the room to try and talk some sense into her.

Just as I was about to start talking, a gunshot went off above us.

"Is that Dixon?" Andrea asked, pulling away from me.

 The steps up to the roof had seemed never ending, winding me until I had reduced myself to a light jog.

As soon as I had set foot on the roof, Merle was in sight, handling a Sniper with steady aim. He took a deep breath before pulling the trigger, yet again. 

"Are you crazy?" I shouted. My hands had shot out, reaching for the gun. Wrong move, Millie. The butt of the gun had been smashed into my nose. The world turned slightly blurry, my head - pounding. Merle pulled the Sniper back, like nothing had happened whilst I fell to the ground.

Blood rushed to my nose, giving an annoying tingle before finally pouring. 

"What the hell, Merle!" T-Dog had thrown himself at Merle, trying to keep the gun from being shot again. My head seemed to sway, but I could barely tell anymore.

Whilst Merle was busy trying to stop T-Dog, the new guy stepped forward and handcuffed Merle to a pipe.

He rushed over to me, his lips were moving but I couldn't hear him. His hands were on my cheeks. 

My eyes fluttered shut.

--

Taking in a deep breath, the air was musty. I groaned, sitting up before having to lay back down. The door had opened, letting in a stream of light that had hit my eyes directly. 

"How are you doing?" Dale asked. 

"My face feels like it has been kicked by a horse." I stated and groaned again as the door opened again, more light flooding in. I took in my surroundings, noticing the dusty walls. The RV. 

"How is she doing?" An unfamiliar voice asked. My eyes had been shut ever since he had walked in and graced us with sunlight. 

"I'm going to go and get her something for her head, will you watch her for a second?" Dale asked.

"Sure." As I heard the door slam shut, there was a little shuffling until he had finally made his way to a seat. I opened my eyes with the door now shut. 

"Hi, we haven't been introduced yet but my name is Rick Grimes." I nodded and shook his hand. Still not bothering to sit up.

"Millie Pintah." I replied. I got my courage together and opened the curtains. The damned light came in and my head hurt more, but I'll have to get used to it if I plan to get out of the RV.

I turned back around, facing Rick.

I took a mental note of his handsome features. They had almost made me miss the Sheriff uniform he had been wearing. I was going to strike up a conversation but we had been interrupted.

Dale had come back with my tablets. What a god send. I gulped down the tablets dry, we can't afford to waste water. I had been convincing myself to get up but I had just laid back down. I'll have to get up soon but I want to stay on the seats of the RV all day, no matter how uncomfortable they are. I shut my eyes for a good ten minutes whilst Dale and Rick had a conversation.

Another sigh had left me and I had sat up, again. Rick glanced over and continued his conversation. It had initially stopped after I had stood up, almost falling back down until Rick gave me support by having his arm slinging his arm around my waist. The room had seemed to spin ten times faster and I felt even more unstable.

"How long was I out?" I asked him. 

"Just a couple of hours." I nodded and gestured for us to move outside. The fresh air should be good for me.

As the light breeze danced around me, a couple of people had turned to see how I was doing. Luckily, Merle wasn't around.

Rick had kept me walking forward, seeming to have the destination of the lake. 

"Finally! Your awake!" Carl said excitedly as he ran over. I just laughed and ruffled his hair as he pushed Rick away to hug me. I stumbled a little but Rick had steadied me with his arms on my shoulders. 

I lifted my head, glancing around the camp. Everyone from the run in Atlanta had seemed to make it back. I still hadn't seen Merle though. Lori had glared at me and I had glanced around. 

She had stood up, beginning to make her way over to us. Great, can't wait for this conversation.

"I see you have met my husband." Lori had mentioned her husband before, never stopped her from 'picking berries' though. 

"I suppose I have" I said, winking. She glared as I walked away. I hope she can get her head into the mindset of a marriage again, for her family. 

A/N- Thanks for taking the time to read my first chapter! Hope you guys enjoyed it, another chapter will be out soon!

Originally posted 3rd March 2015.