Chapter 14

I woke up to me alone in my tent, I walked outside to see it was deserted.
I looked inside everyone's tent and saw that nobody was there. I looked inside Hershel's house and still nobody was there, it was like nobody was here in the first place. Am I going crazy?

I walked a little more and saw that all the cars were gone. I felt my eyes get a little teary, they left me.
I was walking towards the barn, there was a weird looking candy bar wrapper there. I carried on walking towards the door until I saw a bunch of walkers inside of the barn.
I walked closer to see if I knew anybody but before I could react the door broke open and the walkers came pouring out.

I tried to run but a walker grabbed my foot and started biting it, I screamed from the pain and gave up, I just let them eat me like I was dead meat. Then I heard someone calling my name... it sounded like Rick.

I started to close my eyes until I felt myself being shaken awake.
"Millie! Millie your ok! Shh it will be ok just wake up. Wake up.." I heard the soothing voice of Rick. Then I opened my eyes and saw that I was still in the tent.

"Hey shh." I heard Rick whisper into my ear. I felt Rick holding my close, he was in a sitting position behind me with his arms around my body while I laid against his chest.

I felt Rick rub his thumbs against my cheeks, that's when I realised that I was crying from my dream.
"Your still here." I said and hugged him tightly.
Rick nodded, then he asked,
"What do you mean 'I am still here?'" He asked.

I explained the nightmare to him and he only held me tighter.
"I would never leave you." I nodded, I was still a little shook up about the whole walkers in the barn thing.

"Can we walk to the barn, just to make sure that it wasn't real?" I asked Rick. He nodded, knowing that I needed a little reassurance.

We walked calmly towards the barn, on the way there I saw the exact same candy wrapper I saw in my nightmare.
I stopped and stared for a while.

"Rick, I don't have a good feeling about this." I said, he looked at me with a questioning look.
"I saw the exact same candy wrapper." I said while pointing to the wrapper.

"Maybe it is just a coincidence." Rick stated, I nodded still unsure but carried on walking toward the barn.
When we got there I put my eye in the crack of the doors. It was all silent for a minute until a pale white eye looked straight back at me.
Then it started groaning and started banging on the door.

I screamed and fell back, Rick caught me and dragged me away. I looked around and it seemed like everyone in our group were giving me and Rick questioning looks.
Shane went towards the barn and took a look for his self.

Shane stormed towards us and asked Rick,
"What are we going to do about the barn situation?" Rick shook his head, like he was signalling nothing.
"Are you fucking serious man?" Shane asked, clearly annoyed.

"This is Hershel's farm, he has what he wants on his farm. We are not going to take action, he won't allow guns in his property." Rick explained.
"Ever thought there was a reason for that?" Shane asked, obviously talking about the barn.

Rick just shrugged, walking away while Shane stormed off towards the bag of police guns. He got them and handed them out to everyone, some took them and some refused.
I refused, I trust Rick's decision.

--

Shane was on his way to the barn, he looked at the metal lock like he was planning on breaking it. I ran to find Rick but he wasn't any where to be seen.
I ran towards Shane in an attempt to stop him but he turned around and punched me straight in the eye.

I fell to the floor and watched with my swollen eye as Shane broke the lock on the barn and stepped back, shooting the walkers.
I just gave up, I was knocked down near the barn and somehow one managed to get close to me, I then started to back away but the walker was already too close.

I knew that this was how the nightmare ended, the one in my dreamland and the one in real life.
I stopped trying to get away and just laid there, awaiting my slow, painful death.

I saw the walker edge toward my foot and started biting at my boots. Then it fell to the floor with a bullet hole in its head. I looked and saw Rick speeding towards me, as soon as he was close enough he pulled me into a hug.

I looked at all the walkers and saw two of them that looked like my brothers, then I realised that it was them.

I struggled out of Rick's arms and ran towards them.
"NO!" I screamed and got on my knees next to them. They were both in the barn the whole time... I always thought that they were alive but just somewhere else in the cruel world.

I looked around some more and saw my mom and dad.
I cried more and walked over to them.
"Mom...Dad." I said and shook them, inside my head I knew they were dead and weren't theirselves but I couldn't help myself.

I looked at my mom and hugged her, then I heard her growl and grab me.
I screamed louder than I ever have before and I saw a bullet hole go through her brain.
I hugged her tighter and cried more, I just lost my parents found them and saw them be killed.

"Mom!" I screamed, I looked towards my dad and saw there was already a bullet in his head.
I felt arms pulling me away while I struggled to stay with my mom.

"No! Let go of me!" I screamed.
"Millie, you know that she was dead already, she is dead." Shane spoke harshly into my ear.
"DON'T YOU DARE SAY THAT!" I screamed at him, he looked a little surprised and held me tighter.

"LET GO OF ME!" I screamed and broke out of his arms.
"DON'T TOUCH ME, THIS IS YOUR FAULT." I said, pointing my finger in his face. He still looked surprised so I walked towards my tent.

Then I heard Hershel shout,
"I want you all off my farm by the end of tomorrow!" Then I turned around and went to sleep.

Thanks for reading! 1138 words~ Lilzi007

Originally published 1st May 2015