Chapter 13

Millie's P.O.V

I awoke to Hershel above me again. Rick, Daryl and Carl were all around my bed. I saw Lori in the corner of my eye walk away from the room and then everyone let out a sigh of relief when they saw me with my eyes open.

"How are you feeling?" Rick asked. I answered with a quiet 'ok' and then Hershel spoke up.

"We accidentally left a shard of the bullet in your rib cage I didn't manage to spot it, you passed out from the pain when we were at the table talking."
I nodded along as he explained and I saw Carol outside.

"You will need to use these to help you get around." Said Hershel, giving me some crutches.
"Ok." I said, I got up and walked outside.
I went towards Carol, at a very slow pace and when I finally reached her she pulled me into a hug.

"I'm glad your awake." She said, I looked around the farm and saw Carl and Sophia playing together.

I walked over to the two happy children, it is a wonder how they can be happy in a place like this.
"Hey, how about we play a game of hide and seek?!" I asked them, their eyes lit up and they both nodded. I laughed a little and apparently I was 'it'.

"Ok, One, Two, Three, Four, Five, Six, Seven, Eight, Nine, Ten. Ready or not here I come!" I shouted, I started looking in the house, they weren't there. They must be where the tents are.
I was looking around when I saw a bush shake... They can't be in the woods? They're smarter than that, right?

I sprinted towards the woods and started looking around hopelessly.
"Carl!" I shouted, he came out from behind the bush.
"Thank god! Where is Sophia?" I asked him, he pointed to a tree just across from the bush, at least they were together.

I walked toward the tree and looked behind it, nobody was there.
"Sophia!!" I shouted. Carl started following me but I said to him,
"Go get your dad for me, but don't tell anyone." He nodded and started running off to get Rick.

I stood there shaking with my face buried in my hands. What am I going to do, I started crying a little and then I heard a twig snap behind me.
I punched whatever it was and luckily it was a walker and not a human.
I stamped on its head until I was sure it was dead, I looked up and saw Rick there staring at me. The stamping hurt my side but I was blaming myself right now.

"What's wrong?" He asked me.
"I can't find Sophia!" I said in panic, Rick's look immediately changed from worried to panicked too.
"Oh my god" I heard someone say behind me.

I turned and saw Carol standing there.
"Carol I am so sorry, we were playing a game of hide and seek near the barn and I looked in the house for them because I thought it would be obvious not to go in the woods and I'm just so sorry-" I was cut off by Carol storming off further into the woods looking for her daughter.

Rick's attention turned to me and he came towards me.
"We will find her don't worry" I nodded and we hugged for a little while until I had calmed down.

We walked to the farm and Rick decided to announce that Sophia had gone missing.
Obviously Carol had gone off again and Daryl followed her, probably to make sure he doesn't do anything stupid.

When everyone stopped talking, the question I knew would come up was asked.
"How?" Andrea asked.
"She was playing hide and seek." Rick answered, thankfully not using my name.

"We'll two people playing doesn't make a game! Who else was involved?" Andrea pushed, Rick sighed and looks to me as if asking if he had my permission. I nodded, even though I will get a lot of critism.

"They were playing with Millie at the time." Rick said, everyone started shouted and yelling about how I should of kept and eye on them.
Eventually I had enough so I walked to my tent and laid inside it, just trying to sleep.

I saw that Carl was already in here and that made me happy a little, at least he wasn't really mad at me like the others were.
A little later, Rick came inside the tent and laid next to me.

I turned around and cuddled up to him, we didn't speak we just laid together.
That is how we both fell asleep.

There's an update guys! Thanks for reading 786 words ~ Lilzi007

Originally published 23rd April 2015