Chapter 23

A/N (Before the chapter) ~ I know I haven't put in that Lori dies, but I think I will let her and Shane stay in the story just to make things a little more interesting. Also I would like to thank AndrewLincolnsWife for reading my story, I love so many of hers. You should go and check them out. (SPOILER ~ They are about Andrew Lincoln/ Rick Grimes.)

Millie's POV

After Rick had been in here, I told him I was grateful for the help he gave me but I needed him to go, if he hadn't already been infected he could be if he stayed in here for longer than needed. I also told him that it was sweet of him but I couldn't allow him to do it again. It took him a lot of persuasion and convincing but after a while he told me to meet him everyday at the visiting point. I have no clue how I will know when to go, I just know that someone will end up having to tell me that he is there.

Rick saw my message and told me that it was nothing to worry about, although I have a feeling that he is just bullshitting me to get me to stop worrying, which will never happen, ever. Just because I like to be awkward, as some people say.

I was just sat on my bed, now I am starting to feel dizzy. I stood up, I think I need fresh air. I went to the visitors part and waited, even though there was no way to get fresh air, I like to think that it is here, the place closest to freedom. As I sat there, daydreaming about what it would be like if the apocalypse never happened, Rick showed up.

I sat up and smiled at him but he only looked at me with panic, what's wrong with him?

"Hello? Rick what's wrong?" I asked, it look him less than a second to reply.

"Quickly move out of the way there's a walker!" I turned around and moved away from it.

"Rick what do I do? We don't have weapons in here!" I asked as it neared closer, I turned around to look at Rick who was struggling to get the door to open.

"Just stay away from it." Rick said as he looked for a key that is probably in his pocket. I moved against the wall until I noticed one of them was going to Glenn's room, he is very sick right now, he can't deal with walkers.

I moved towards his room as I heard Rick starting to unlock the door, I started sprinting when the walker entered his room. As I got there I saw the walker had spotted Glenn so I pushed the walker to the floor and continuously stamped on it's head until I was sure it was dead. I hurried to Glenn to see that he was unharmed. Just as I stood up, I heard a scream from outside. I ran out and saw Lizzie, the older sister that Carol treats like a daughter, getting cornered by a walker.

I cannot let anything happen to Lizzie after what happened with Sofia. I ran towards her and she had a knife in her hand.

"Lizzie, slide the knife over here." I said as I looked down and saw Rick dealing with the walkers downstairs.

Lizzie slid the knife under the walkers legs and I stabbed it in the head. Hopefully I can keep Lizzie safe.

I made Lizzie hold my hand as I went back to Glenn's room, to make sure that he is ok, considering his sickness.

"Wait here while I go and check if there are any walkers left." I said, walking out of the room. I turned the corner and walked straight into a walker, making me fall to the ground, dropping the knife too far out of my reach.

"Millie!" Rick shouted as I was holding the zombie away from me, trying not to get bit. I heard footsteps on their way up but they would be too late. I looked at the knife and saw Lizzie holding it and standing there.

"Lizzie! Kill it!" I said in a strained voice, she stood there not moving. I forgot, she thinks that they are alive and friends. Great.

The walker felt like he weighed tonnes when in reality it would have probably been a few pounds or stones. My arms gave out, I tried pushing again but they were shaking and useless. The walker had it's teeth ready to bite me until it dropped dead on me and made me huff with the full weight. I tried pushing it off as it's blood started going on my face but my arms were still unresponsive. I found it hard to breathe under the weight and Lizzie still didn't care to help.

After what felt like centuries being trapped under here Rick came and pushed the walker off me effortlessly. He helped me up and pulled me into a hug, I missed hugging Rick, it was always so welcoming. He grabbed the bandana he was supposed to be wearing and used it to wipe the walker blood off my face.

"Thanks." I said.

"Don't worry about it." He said, then I remembered, Lizzie. I'll speak to Carol about that situation when I next see her. She has to learn that walkers aren't friends.

Originally published 1st January 2016