Chapter 25

When we returned to the prison it was dark out, we had a few supplies and necessities that we would need. I walked over to my cell and laid down, huffing as I did. I looked around the cell and all I could see was plain dull grey walls with a splatter of blood here and there. It was real homey.

I heard Rick's cowboy boots and I immediately sat up, he walked into my cell and sat down next to me on the bed. I looked over at him, what could he possibly want? He leaned in and gave me a kiss, I smiled as I pulled away. He laid down behind me so I laid down too.

"I hope you don't mind if we share a cell?" He asked, I smiled and shook my head.

"Not at all." I giggled slightly as he put his arm around my waist, he looked at me with a confused smile on his face.

"I'm a little ticklish" I laughed a little, he got on top of me and started tickling my sides.

"RICK! PLEASE STOP!" I laughed while screaming, he just laughed as I squirmed around.

"RI-" I was out of breath from laughing so much that I couldn't finish my sentence. He laughed at tickled me one more time before he laid behind me again and put his arm over my waist. I only just noticed but Maggie, Glenn, Daryl and Lori were watching us, Maggie, Glenn and Daryl were laughing at us while Lori was just glaring.

I sighed and closed my eyes as everyone left. I eventually fell into a deep slumber.

--

I woke up before Rick so I sat up, gave him a kiss on the cheek, then walked out of our cell. I walked towards the Cafeteria, ready to eat breakfast. As I walked in I went to Carol and she handed me a plate. I thanked her and sat down across from Daryl, who was usually an early riser.

I started eating my food, it was expired, you could tell when you ate it but I didn't mind, food is food, right?

"So you're ticklish?" Daryl asked, bringing up last nights events.

"Just a little." I imitated with my fingers. He laughed a little before eating more food, I laughed thinking about last night. Rick walked through the doors with Carl, Maggie and Glenn. They all grabbed their food and sat down with us. Next Lori came in and took her food, sitting at the same table. Which I didn't have a problem with unless she interacted with me in any way.

Everyone stopped their little conversations with each other as Lori sat down, I carried on eating, just like she wasn't there. I noticed Rick staring at me, as if he was asking if I was ok. I nodded and smiled as I finished off my food. I walked into the part where Carol gave us food and I washed my own dish. I guess I was buying time away from Lori. But I'd have to go and sit back down and wait until Rick and Carl finish their food too, it's only polite to do so.

I was sat silently, staring at the doors, longing to walk through them but it would be rude if I left. I looked at everybody's plate quickly to see that they had almost finished, except from Daryl, he had already taken his plate in. I have decided that I will work the fences again today with Maggie if she is on them.

"Are you working on the fences today?" I asked, looking at Maggie. She nodded, so did Glenn. I guess I will be third wheeling today, but it doesn't matter, Glenn and Maggie are cool.

"I'll help out today again." I said, smiling at them, they both nodded with smiles on their faces, I guess they are happy to have help. We will have to kill a few walkers and put the fences back up some how but we will have a plan.

--

Glenn, Maggie, Rick, Carl and I stepped outside, our jobs have already been chosen. Rick and Carl are going to cut some logs while Maggie, Glenn and I are going to use the logs to support the fences. We all walked down, Rick and Carl walked away when they were where they needed to be and the rest of us carried on to the fences.

I killed a few walkers but Glenn and Maggie killed most of them. We all worked on the same fence, to get the fence up quicker and to get the job done quicker.

--

I wiped the sweat off my head as the sun was blazing down on us, today was the wrong day to do this but if we didn't then Walkers would get in and it would be overrun just like the time we found it.

I grabbed another log and pushed it against the fence, this fence should be able to hold itself up now, we created a hand gesture that we would do if we thought that we should move to the next fence. We only created it because we were out of breath and tired. Pretty much all you do is have your index finger in the air and twirl it is circles, moving your wrist with it.

I looked over at Rick and saw him still cutting logs, he has been at it for around an hour straight. I looked at Glenn and Maggie and told them I was going to go and check on him.

"Hey, Rick" I said, he turned around, the axe still in his hand, and smiled at me.

"Hey, what's up?" He asked.

"Nothing, just came over to check on you that's all, you haven't taken a break in ages." I told him, he smiled to himself.

"Does that mean that you have been watching me?" He asked, I immediately started shaking my head.

"No... Maybe... Just a little... Ok, I have been watching you but aren't I supposed to? I'm like your supervisor." I joked, he chuckled a little at my confession and I started laughing with him.

"I love you." I said, he smiled.

"I love you too," He said before pulling me into a kiss."

A/N - Hey guys, I have been having writers block throughout this chapter, that is why it is boring. Anyway, I don't know what I should do. Should I just carry on with the actual storyline or just do it my way because my way is so confusing. I don't know if Hershel had his leg cut off yet and I forgot a LOT of major things that happened like Shane dying, I didn't want Lori to die YET and other things too. So yeah...

Originally published 5th January 2016