Chapter 20

I decided to go on a run for some new clothes and food, that's if I could find any.
I already spoke to Rick and he said no but I managed to convince him, only if Rick came would I be able to go at all, so I agreed.

We got a car and Carl opened the gates, Rick drove through them and carried on down the road.
"How old is Carl?" I asked him, suddenly curious.
"14" He said, wow, 14? He is almost as tall as me.

"I don't get it though, he is 14, and almost as tall as me and I am 26 or 27." I said, still confused.
"Well maybe your just short for your age." Rick said, teasing me.
"Maybe he is tall for his age."

I said, still unsure. Rick just laughed a little.
"Wait, you just called me short." I said, only just getting what he had done.
"Nope, I didn't call you short." He said, looking at me every so often.

Considering the fact he was driving.
I looked out of the window and saw a house that hardly looked touched.
"Stop here." I said, Rick pulled over and got out.

He walked towards the house and put his gun up, ready to shoot anything that moved.
"I'll check downstairs, you check the upstairs," I said, he nodded an went upstairs while I headed to what looked like the kitchen.

I was checking the cupboards when I saw that there was a massive tin of chocolate pudding on top of the cupboard.
I tried reaching for it but I was too small, I guess I am short.
Why did the parents think that was a good place to hide chocolate pudding? So the kids couldn't get it?

I was just jumping to reach it, even though I still couldn't get it.
I heard someone laughing in the background. I turned around and saw Rick there with his hand over his mouth laughing.

"Would you stop laughing and help me?" I asked him, he came over and lifted me up by the waist.
I reached for it but it didn't work.
"I need to get higher." I said, I felt myself get higher but Rick was lifting me by his hands being on my ass.

I got it and he put me down.
His hands still lingering on my ass.
We were looking into each other's eyes intently and I saw that he was leaning in.

I leaned in too and our lips met at the middle.
Our lips moved in perfect sync like they were made for each other.

A/N: They are re-united!!!!!!

Originally published 25th June 2015.