Chapter 16

We've been driving for hours, or what felt like hours. There's no point on even trying to find out what time it is. We were just driving when we saw a prison up ahead. When we got to the courtyard it was crawling with walkers, inside and out.
"Right here's the plan," Rick started I kind of zones out because my name wasn't getting mentioned, Rick still thinks that I'm suicidal.

"I'll run in when Glenn and Maggie open the gates got it?" He asked, there was a chorus of people saying 'yeah'.
When the gates opened, I don't know what I was thinking but I ran in before Rick and they closed the gate before Rick could get in.
Walkers were getting way too close so I kicked one of them and punched the other one down.

I felt like I was going to run out of breath but I eventually reached the first building I saw.
I ran to the prison and went inside. As soon as I went in someone grabbed me and pulled me to the side.
"Hello there, pretty lady." Someone said, I thought it was Merle at first but it wasn't the same voice, same words and asshole personality though.

"Get off me." I said and elbowed him in his stomach, as quick as I could I pointed my gun at his head and saw that he had a mullet and a pony tail.
"Your strong for someone so small." He said and grabbed me again, this time I couldn't get out of it.

Rick ran in and looked around, as soon as his eyes landed on the guy behind me they filled with anger.
"Get off her!" He shouted and punched him straight in the nose.
He let go of me and I ran straight into his arms, he wasn't mad now but he would be later. At the minute he is hitting the guy continuously on the floor.

"Rick." I said, trying to pull him off but he wouldn't budge.
"RICK, THAT IS ENOUGH!" I shouted at him, he got up and stormed out. I followed him out knowing there were walkers out there. I didn't want him doing anything stupid.

"Stay away from me." He said.
"No." I replied and carried on following him.
"You know what? You aren't in this group anymore, all you do is disobey me. We are finished." Rick said then stormed off.
Wow, I didn't expect that, everyone was staring at me so I ran off to the woods for the third time.

I should just live here since I do it so often. Rick and I are finished, I never really thought about that before, I just wanted to get away from the prison. I started sobbing which surely attracted walkers but I don't care I'll just climb a tree again.
I climbed the tree and I sat there for a while, my feet were dangling down and I felt like something was climbing up it, I looked and saw a spider.

I screamed and shook it off, I have a phobia of spiders. I was still sat down on the tree when a herd started passing through. If I was still in Rick's group I would've ran to the prison to tell them a herd is on the way but I am not.
Wait, I left Zac there, I can't let him get hurt. I jumped down, the herd was only a few paces away from me but I didn't care, I ran towards the prison and didn't look back.

--

I finally reached the prison and I climbed over the gates, I got inside and looked for Zac. Obviously, I am not so lucky because I bumped into Rick. He pinched his nose in frustration and put one hand on his hip.
"What are you doing here?" Rick asked me.
"I came back for Zac." I lied, he looked at me with a judging look.

"No, he is a part of this group he isn't leaving." I was really annoyed because I was the one who found him.
"I found him! I am his mother figure." I said, trying not to yell because I will attract attention.
"I am his dad, not because I have to be but because he wants me to be." Rick said, he did have a point, even though Zac asked me to be his mom, he was probably just looking for a place to go.

"Fine, I didn't just come here to get Zac-" Rick cut me off.
"You are not getting Zac so get out of here!" He yelled.
"You know I was coming to tell you about a herd that is on it's way but never mind!" I yelled, Lori walked up and put her arms all over Rick.
"Jumping from woman to woman I see... Well you must be some kind of man whore because at the moment I wish I was with Merle- NO, SHANE." I said and walked out.

I wasn't being serious about wanting to be with them, I just said it to piss him off like he did with me.
I climbed back over the fence and walked around aimlessly, stabbing the odd walker in the head.
I eventually came across these gates, they looked secure. I said this because there were people on top of the gate with guns, guarding the community.

"Hey I need a little help." I said as they looked at me with the guns pointed up.
"Have you been bit?" They asked me, I shook my head, they did a little inspection and let me in.

This community turned out to be a little town run by someone called The Governor, he called it Woodbury. How ironic.
I was walking around, when I saw two people with bags over their heads. I followed to make sure that I didn't know them. If I did I would of killed the son of a bitch that did it.

I continued to follow until they pulled the bag off their heads. It was Glenn and Maggie? How could they get kidnapped?
I walked over to the room that they held Glenn in, I am sure that they are beating him up in there.
I grabbed a metal stick and whacked the first guy I saw. Then the other guy came at me.

I ducked and punched him in the face, he fell down and I stuck the pole in his head.
"Millie?" Glenn asked confused, I looked up and saw that he had a swollen eye.
I untied him and told him that he needed to get back safe.
"Come with us." Glenn suggested, I shook my head.
"No, Rick doesn't want me there, he kicked me out and quite frankly I don't want to be in there either."

Glenn went to get Maggie while I went back to the place where I live for now. I was planning on leaving soon but I don't know if anyone has actually got to leave before. I guess I will have to find out.

Originally published 12th May 2015