Chapter 4

Today I felt a bit better. Shane kept looking over and it was beginning to get creepy. I felt uncomfortable under his gaze, so I decided to confront him about his tendency to stare.

"What?" I asked as I walked across to him, catching him by surprise.

"What do you mean?" Shane asked, he was acting clueless.

"I saw you staring at me. Cut it out." I said and began walking away until I heard Shane reply.

"Why? Can I not look at a pretty girl?" I sighed and walked away shaking my head at his annoying personality. I wonder what Lori would think. 

I walked over to the RV, Lori giving the usual glare my way. I glared back. Rick glanced over, finally noticing what was going on. I saw Rick saying something to Lori and Lori whispered something back.

Rick's look immediately turned into disgust as he looked at me, he began glaring too. I would pretend to wonder what she said, but I may have a pretty good idea.

I continued on my way to the RV until Rick came up and grabbed my arm. After he dragged me towards the woods. 

"What is Lori talking about?" Rick asked me.

"What do you mean?" I asked him innocently, hoping to god that he wasn't asking about what I think he is.

"YOU KILLED YOUR OWN SON BECAUSE YOU COULDN'T HANDLE HIM?" Rick yelled.

"That's not what happened." I kept calm. He just looked at me disgustedly, shook his head and walked away.

"I suppose you don't know about Lori?" I shouted, that caught Rick's attention because he turned around and he walked towards me.

"Don't talk about my family. Not when you get rid of your own."

"Lori has been hooking up with Shane in the woods while she has been 'getting berries'." I explained to him, he shook his head and chuckled.

"Is that something you can prove to me?" Rick asked. 

"Depends on when she is picking berries really."

"Right on time."

"Fine." I said.

We headed towards the woods and I led the way to where they had their last hook up.
When we got there we saw them both. I could see Rick fuming with anger and he started storming towards them.

I pulled him back and around the corner.

"You can't let her know that you know. Maybe it would be better for her to get a taste of her own medicine." I said.

He nodded and I whispered the plan into his ear.

"Okay, but it doesn't mean anything." I agreed. "But why did you really kill your son?" Of course. I suppose it was 

"I had to kill my 5 year old son because he had been bit. Nobody saw the bite and everyone had thought he got lost in the woods. I did it when he was sleeping because I couldn't bear the thought of him telling me how he was scared or how he didn't want to die." I explained, my eyes watering.

Rick pulled me into a hug and apologised to me.

"You don't need to apologise." I said, wiping my eyes.

"Yes I do because I believed her. It is a horrible thing to lie about and even worse for me to believe." I just hugged him again and we set our plan into action.

--

Rick and I met at a place we had previously discussed and went somewhere that both Lori and Shane could see us. But, we made sure it was obscure so that they would be the only ones to see us. Then we both looked at each other and nodded.

Rick pretended to say something, I laughed out loud, making it look like something was going on. After, I placed my hand on his bicep, acting like I was commenting on it whilst he flexed. Turns out, his physique is on point.

It began to feel like it wasn't just pretend anymore, it felt real. Rick began to tell actual jokes that made me burst with laughter. I leaned on his shoulder, letting out the last of my laughter. Lori eventually looked over to us, we took this as our queue. 

I leaned up, nearing his lips. My arms had moved around his neck and his were around my waist. Our foreheads were touching. A slight move forward and I would be kissing Rick Grimes.

"What the hell is going on?" Lori asked as she pulled me away from Rick. 

"Nothing, we were just having a friendly chat." Rick replied.

Shane stormed over, looking directly at Rick as he did.

"What the hell?" He asked, Rick looked pissed.

"So let me get this straight, I can't talk to another woman but you can screw each other in the woods and it means nothing?" Lori was beyond shocked and she scanned my face for any expression.

"I thought you were dead, Rick. Please, don't do this." Lori began, but Rick had enough.

"You thought I was an hour ago? That's weird, you welcomed me back with open arms about a month ago." Rick said, acting confused.

"You don't understand," Lori began but Rick cut her off again.

"I understand perfectly." Rick stated and walked over to his tent.

I left Lori and Shane to argue among themselves. Instead, I strolled over to the RV and fell asleep.

Originally posted 21st March 2015