Chapter 11

Millie's P.O.V

Rick was repeatedly punching Shane while I was hurrying to get my top back on.
"Was Lori not enough?" Rick asked as he punched Shane one more time before Daryl pulled him off.

"Well I was hoping that having Millie would piss you off. Look at my success." Shane said while smirking with a bloody face.
How is that a success? It seems to me that he is more of a mess compared to a winner.

Daryl bent down to Shane's level and straight right hooked him to the face.
"You don't disrespect group members." Daryl said and walked off, towards the lift.

Me, Rick, Carl and Zac joined him in the lift and went to breakfast. When we got up you could see that Glenn was in a really bad state. His head hung low and it looked like he could just put his head in his breakfast and sleep.

I ruffled his hair when I went past and he groaned from the pain.
"You alright there Glenn?" I asked him.
He just shook his head very slowly. It was amusing how hungover he was because I felt fine.

--

We were all sat in the chairs at the table and Dale decided to point out the countdown in the right hand corner of a screen.

"That is the countdown until decontamination." He stated.
Does that mean that we will blow up in more or less half an hour!?
"Everybody pack up your things we are leaving!" Rick shouted and everybody started grabbing their belongings and waiting beside the entrance.

"Level 1 shut down." A computer voice said. It is getting closer, we need to move out!
"Open the doors, Jenner." Rick said.
"Why would you want to survive in a cruel world like this? Why not just die from this fire. You won't even feel a thing and it will be over in two seconds." Jenner explained.

"OPEN THEM NOW!" I shouted and Jenner looked a little startled.
"When them doors shut they are not supposed to be opened again. I told you when you came in that once the doors shut they couldn't be opened again." Jenner explained.

"I am getting really pissed off with you." I said slowly getting up in his face.
He pressed a few buttons and one door opened.

"That's all I can open with the power remaining I'm sorry." He stated and sat down.
I looked over to the glass and saw Daryl and Shane hitting it with the butt of their gun and crossbow.

Jaqui, Andrea and Dale were all sat down but Dale looked like he was trying to convince them to come with us.
"I would rather die here than from a bite out there." Jaqui stated and stayed there.

Andrea stayed too but I think that she only wants to be with Amy.
I ran towards the door and started hitting it too. But we didn't even make a crack.
"Rick I still have this, could it work?" Carol asked while having a grenade in her hand.

Rick nodded and as soon and he pulled the needle out he yelled,
"Take cover!" I ran towards Carl and Zac who were dangerously close to the window and put my body over theirs, protecting them.

I soon heard the sound of shattering glass and we all started to move out.
I felt a warm liquid go down from the middle of my thigh to my shin and I realised that I had a piece of glass sticking out of my thigh.

I started limping and got to the RV. A few seconds later we saw Andrea and Dale run out and get close to the RV before the building exploded.

--

We have been on the road for about a day and my leg has been throbbing ever since. Rick has carried me placed because he thought that it was infected.

Now that it has healed a little we needed to pull the glass out. Daryl was going to pull it out while Rick and Carl gave me their hands to hold while it gets pulled out. Zac decided to hug me all the way through it.

Daryl pulled it out and I squeezed Rick's hand so tightly and Carls hand with barely any strength into it, I didn't want to hurt him.

--

We were walking through the woods and we saw a deer. Me and Carl walked closely to it, it stated right into his eyes and then it fell. I looked down and saw a bullet through my rib cage.

I fell to the ground and didn't move.
Rick ran towards me and picked me up.
The guy who shot me was shaking from shock and pointed towards a cleared place in the woods tree line.

Rick started running with Daryl and Carl behind us, he kept trying to say things to me but I couldn't hear him, I couldn't hear anyone.

I remember whispering,
"Save me, Rick."
Before I lost consciousness and fell into a pool of darkness.

Originally published 11th April 2015