Chapter 5

The jolt of the RV had awoken me. So we were on the road again, I suppose we needed to find a more permanent location, a forest and highway was not the safest choice.

I looked at my surroundings. I wasn't in the RV and nobody else was in the car other than the driver.

I took a peek at the driver, noticing that black hairstyle anywhere. Shane.

"What are you doing? Where are you taking me?" I asked him. He laughed and shook his head.
"Rick wanted to go to the CDC, but I thought that Fort Benning would be better for us and he wouldn't consider it at all. So I decided to bring a girl and leave." Shane explained.

"So, why am I here?" I asked him curiously.

"You have a personality. A nice body. You were the obvious pick." He said and carried on driving.

He was taking me away from the group. I don't want to leave. Not with Shane.

"Stop the car." I said. He didn't reply and kept on driving.
"STOP THE CAR." I said, my voice rising. He continued to ignore me so I did what I didn't even expect myself to do.

I opened the car door while the car was still moving and I jumped out.

I was rolling on the floor and when I stopped I got up and started limping my way back to camp. I heard the car come to a halt as I continued to move.

"What are you doing?" He asked me, slowly catching up.

"What does it look like I'm doing, asshole."

I carried on limping my way back to camp.

Had anybody noticed that I wasn't there anymore? 

I had cuts and bruises up my arms, legs and back that stung as I kept moving but I tried to ignore them.

I continued to limp back. A car was in the distance, driving towards us.

I was about to call out until Shane put his hand over my mouth and dove in the bushes. It must be the group, who else could it be?

The car came to a halt right next to the bushes that we were in and out came the cowboy boots that I can recognise anywhere.

I bit Shane's hand, forcing him to let go of my mouth.

"Hey-" The rest got muffled by Shane's hand once again.
Rick heard me and he came over to the bush, pointing his gun at Shane's head.
"Let her go." Rick said calmly..

"She is my girlfriend, that means my property." Anger filled me. Who does he think he is? It wasn't even the fact that he said girlfriend, it is because he said my property.

Rick looked over to me and I shook my head, signalling that what Shane is saying isn't true.

"Shane, don't you ever get tired of being an asshole?" Rick asked, getting impatient.

Eventually Rick had cocked his gun, ready to shoot. Shane had let go, a smirk on his face. He was obviously tormenting Rick.

We made our way back to camp, Shane driving the car he took me in whilst I rode with Rick.

--

Rick, Daryl, Glenn and T-Dog were all on a search for Merle. I don't think it was the best idea for them to go back to Atlanta. They had left a couple of hours ago and it was starting to get dark. The others had made a fire, making sure it wasn't too high. I was sat off to the side worrying about the others. 

Amy stood up and started walking away.

"Where are you going?" Andrea asked.

"To pee." Amy answered, she walked off to the RV. 

The conversation was light which helped provide a calming mood. Amy had been gone for a while but it was best to let her have her privacy.

Finally, Amy had finished, I heard the RV door shut, and then a scream. My head turned just in time to see a walker biting into Amy's neck.

I looked over to Andrea and it looked like everything was going in slow motion.
Andrea was crying and she started running towards Amy.

I saw Lori with her back to Carl, but there was a walker behind Carl reaching out to get him. I sprinted towards Carl, I grabbed my knife and threw it when I was sure it would not hit Carl. My aim wasn't the best, but I would do anything for Carl. 

The knife flew past Lori and Carl and hit the walker in the throat, just managing to knock it over. I then ran over and ignored everyone around my while I stabbed the walker in its head.

When all the walkers were cleared out, only Amy and Ed died as far as I know. Rick, Daryl, Glenn and T-Dog got back halfway through the war with the undead.

Lori came storming over to me.
"What the hell were you thinking doing that to Carl? Is it because you killed your own son that you wanted to kill mine and Rick's too?" She shouted and EVERYONE heard.

"If I didn't then Carl would've died!" I said and stormed away, I could feel everyone's eyes on my back as I made my way to the forest.

Originally posted 15th March 2015