Chapter 33

I jumped at the sudden noise and covered myself behind Rick, he looked back at me strangely so I slowly moved away and gave him a sheepish grin.

"Sorry," I whispered. He just gave a small smile and nodded. Rick looked back to the darkness, squinting his eyes to see Glenn.

"Glenn?" He questioned, they went over to each other and hugged, I looked over to the strangers I could see and I felt a bit hesitant to greet them. I walked over to Maggie and Sasha and hug them before going over to Glenn and hugging him.

"It's been too long," I stated, he chuckled a little while nodding his head, agreeing. I looked at the strangers and Glenn decided to introduce them.

"Uh, so this is Abraham, Eugene, Rosita, Tara, and Bob" He said, pointing to each one of them while saying their names.

"Nice to meet you," I said, some of them said the same back but some didn't. I didn't really care though. We were surrounded by the darkness and it kind of scared me. You should be afraid of the dark because you don't know what's lurking in it. I sat closer to Rick, he put his arm around my waist, comforting me. I leaned my head on his shoulder while we thought of what to do.

"I'm sorry." I whispered to Rick, he looked over at me confused.

"For what?" He whispered back.

"All the times that we fought. I was probably just being a bitch and I notice that now. Probably wrong timing though, it seems like we won't be out of here anytime soon. I hope we can forget about it."

"What you said wasn't true, it was my fault too. Do you want to get back together? For good, not just us kissing randomly?" He asked.

I nodded, smiling a little.

"Then lets do it." He said, I smiled at him and he returned the gesture before leaning in and kissing me. It was short, giving the circumstances but it was sweet. I leaned my head on his shoulders again, being happy even in the situation we were in.

--

I had been wandering around, feeling claustraphobic so I was trying to forget about it. Carl looked over before speaking to Rick. Rick nodded and Carl made his way over.

"Dad thinks he has a plan." He stated I nodded, listening.

"We make our own hand-crafted weapons and attack them when we get the chance." I nodded, liking the idea, the element of surprise is what we could use right now. A few people were panicking, I guess he hadn't told everyone the plan.

"What are we going to do?" Eugene asked, Rick looked through the crack that brought in a little sliver of light.

"We wait until they realise." He said, not explaining.

"Realise what?" Rosita asked.

"They're fucking with the wrong people."

--

We pulled pieces of wood and metal off the sides of the container, using anything we could which would make a weapon. I had a tiny piece of wood but I was sharpening it on the sides of the container, hopefully they will fall for our plan.

"They're coming!" Abraham said, swiftly we all moved towards the doors, ready to lunge as soon as they opened. The top of the container opened and some sort of grenade dropped down, filling the space with gas which made us pass out.

--

I awoke, still in the container but some of the people were gone. I couldn't see Rick, Glenn, Daryl or Bob. I sat up, I looked to Carl and he looked right back at me, we were both thinking the same thing. I quickly stood up, feeling slightly dizzy I steadied myself with the side of the container and walked to the door.

I stuck my hand-made wooden knife through the door and started hacking at something that was blocking the door. As I almost got it off, I heard a massive explosion and walkers. I worked quicker, trying the best I could to get us out of this place. I did it for another two or three minutes before finally getting it off. I grabbed Carl's hand and pulled him out of the cart. I looked around for anyone I knew, a walker stumbled over to me, making me plunge my knife into his head.

I began walking in a direction, my hand still holding onto Carl's, until I heard gun-fire. I jumped and looked around, I saw Rick come closer, wearing his brown jacket. I ran, still holding onto Carl, towards Rick until I got to him and flung my arms around him. He put his arms around my waist, letting me hug him until we had to go.

"Come on." He said, making us run into the woods with the others, looking to retrieve the bag which had most of our weapons in. We reached them and dug them out, as I turned I saw Carol making her way over to me. I ran and hugged her.

"Did you do that?" Rick asked, she nodded and he laughed a little, just glad to be out of that place.

"I need to show you something." She said, I nodded and followed closely behind her. We came across a log cabin. Rick and Carl ran over, not understanding why it was a surprise of some sort. They both rushed in and they seemed extremely excited.

I ran over to the cabin to find out what was so exciting. I approached the door and saw three massive crates filled with different things. The first crate had a load of bottled water, the second had food filled to the top while the third had a few weapons.

This is a jackpot in a world like this, almost like a miracle that we couldn't reject.

A/N: Wow another update! I can really use more of these holidays but we can't always have what we want I guess. Another update will be coming soon. I know I didn't really mention Bob before but I guess he's here now. So should I continue with this book or should I make a sequel to it where it skips straight to Alexandria? I know that a lot of people want to know what it's like in Alexandria in fanfics because I always do but I'll ask what you guys want first. (Alexandria will be in the book anyway.)

Feel free to leave suggestions on which Walking Dead fic I should read. (Preferably a Rick one.)

Originally published 12th April 2017