Chapter 29

I was awakened by a loud boom along with some gunfire, straightening up I ran outside. I saw a few tanks and vehicles. The Governor stood proud, knowing he had the upper hand. I strolled down to face him.

"What do you want?" I asked, he laughed in my face.

"Isn't it obvious? I want the prison. Now, get Rick down here." I sighed, turning around. I saw Rick jogging down the field towards us, looking worried.

"Millie! Get back!" He yelled, I followed his instructions and went half way back, making sure I was there if anything happens. The Governor was proposing we leave, unharmed and he gets the prison but Rick wouldn't leave as easy as that.

Hershel and Michonne were pulled from a black truck, kneeling on the ground as the Governor took Michonne's katana. Pulling it near Hershel's neck.

"We can share the space, there's more than enough. We can be civil and live in separate cell blocks." Hershel looked at Rick with hope, thinking that he convinced him. Boy was he wrong.

It seemed like everything was going in slow motion as the Governor began to speak.

"Liar." He swung the katana back and cut Hershel's throat, only to the point where it was nearly falling off. Hershel's body collapsed and gunfire began going off once again. I hid behind an overturned car, watching carefully as the Governor and Rick beat the living crap out of each other.

Just as the Governor rolled on top of Rick and tried stabbing him, I emerged and rugby tackled him off Rick. I can't let him die. I hit the Governor once, leaving him bloody on the ground with walkers surrounding us. I got up, running to Rick.

"We need to leave." I said, Rick shook his head.

"We have to find Carl." I nodded, putting one of his arms around my neck and placing mine around his waist, helping him walk.

"Wait here" I ordered as I walked towards where everyone was.

"DAD?" I heard someone shout, I looked over and saw Carl stood, looking helpless.

"Come on." I said, he nodded and I led him to his father who smiled as he saw his son.

I returned to my previous position, helping him walk as Carl stormed off in front. Rick keeps trying to get him to stop but Carl just won't listen.

"Rick, stop. I'll talk to him later ok?" He nodded and we carried on walking, looking for a place to stay for the night.

Originally published 2nd September 2016