Chapter 9

Rick's P.O.V

"Why is Zac calling you dad?" She asked me, making herself more clear.

"He lost his parents. He asked me to take care of him so I said yes." I replied calmly to her, is it really that hard to get through her head?

"Why the hell would you say yes? That would make people think that you and Millie are together!" She wouldn't stop yelling and she was just so angry at something that is not a big deal.

"Do you think that me and Millie are secretly hooking up like you and Shane were?" I asked her, she nodded her head glaring at me.

"Well we are not. We have flirted once and that was because I was pissed at you. It was all pretend and it meant nothing. If I went with Millie you would do the exact same thing with Shane." I said to her, getting angrier.

"Well you-" I cut her of by walking away and shouting,

"Get in the car."

She huffed and stomped like a child having a tantrum but did I give a shit? 

Millie's P.O.V

I finally woke up, my head was killing me. I groaned after sitting up, this is exactly like when Ed beat the shit out of me.

"Are we there yet?" I asked as I felt the car coming to a stop.

"Yes, only just got here." Rick answered and we all got out of the cars.

The whole thing looked deserted but maybe it will be different inside.

We all made our way up to the building and Rick started banging on the doors. I spotted a camera out of the corner of my eye and I saw it move.

"Did you see that?" I asked Rick, he looked up and it moved again.

"Hey! Hey open up! We know you are in there!" Rick started yelling, attracting walkers from every direction.

Everybody was just shouting things like 'your imagining, things let's go!' and 'They are getting closer we need to go!' Just when I thought it would be too late to move, the doors opened and we rushed in.

"Just know that when the doors close they will never open again." The man said, I suppose that is a risk we will have to take. "I will need to give you all a blood test just to make sure that you are not infected."

As soon as he said that I headed towards the doors, good thing they weren't shut yet.

"I am not having a blood test." I said and stayed there, they all stared at me like I was crazy but I have the biggest phobia of needles, I think it's called trypanophobia.

Rick walked towards me as everyone else went to get the blood test.
"What is wrong with you?" Rick asked impatiently, I think it is because we have found a 'safe' place and I am freaking out.

"I have a phobia of needles, trypanophobia." I said, feeling a little guilty.

"I can help you get through it." He said, I just shook my head. A lot of people have tried that but no one has managed to get me through shots or needles other than my parents. I get the feeling they won't answer my call.

But since I have been developing feelings for Rick it could help.

"I'll hold your hand?" He asked, I still shook my head. Nothing will get me there, sat in that chair getting a blood test, but then Rick said something that completely changed my mind.
"I'll kiss you?" He asked, I didn't know what to say, I was taken by surprise.

"How about I hold your hand and kiss you?" He asked, I slowly nodded, making him chuckle. "I think I can arrange for that to happen." We both laughed and walked into the room.

Rick went before me and I was hoping that the guy who went as 'Edwin Jenner' would run out of needles. But luck wasn't on my side, he opened a drawer and it had hundreds of them.
"Last person." Jenner said and I sat down, shaking from the nerves.

Rick held his hand out and I shakily grabbed it, still shaking when I was holding his hand. It made me feel a lot better though. I squeezed my eyes shut when I saw him coming towards me with the needle. After Rick noticed my anxiety, he intertwined out fingers. I stopped squeezing his hand after he had done this. I opened my eyes and looked straight into his blue ones.

I felt the needle go into my arm and I squeezed Rick's hand tighter, it seemed to last forever but in reality it was 10 seconds. As soon as it was over, I ran out of the room with all the needles nearly passing out.

I sat in the nearest chair and held my aching arm. Rick tapped my shoulder and gestures for me to go over to a random room. As soon as I entered, he shut the door and pressed me against it. he put his hands at either side of my face. Trapping me between his arms. He leaned down, capturing my lips with his. It was slow and passionate at first, but he picked up the pace, tapping under my thighs. I jumped, wrapping my legs around his waist, his hands supported me as we grew hungrier. He pulled away, resting his forehead against mine. That was by far better than any other kiss I had in my life.

"You have no idea how long I have been waiting to do that."

"I have been waiting too, but I always thought it was wrong because of Lori." I explained, he shook his head.

"Not anymore. We ended things when you were passed out on the way here."

"Hallelujah." I said, giving him a quick kiss on his lips before unwrapping my legs from his waist and jumping down.

Originally published 23rd March 2015