Chapter 32

It's been a rough couple of days but with Michonne helping us with getting food, it's gotten easier. We came across some train tracks which had a map leading to some sort of sanctuary called Terminus. Hopefully, this will be a place where we can settle down for a while. I doubt it though, we thought the prison was permanent but we thought wrong.

Carl and Michonne were having a competition and the winner got a chocolate bar of their choice. I guess they needed a little fun, it has been a while since anyone had any fun. They were balancing on the tracks and whoever fell off first lost, they never made up any rules so when they began pushing each other it wasn't classed as cheating. In the end, Carl won and picked Michonne's favorite bar.

--

We found Daryl, or I should say he found us. He came from the woods after we had just passed them but he managed to catch up. We were still walking but we were only a couple of minutes away now, when we get there it should be early afternoon. I continued to walk, ignoring the pain in my legs because of how much we travelled by foot, finally seeing the building I sighed in relief. Rick made a plan to go around to the back entrance before burying some weapons, being careful. He watched Carl only just manage to climb over the fence after Michonne got over. He looked to me, waiting on me to climb up, me being the short-ass I am couldn't reach the top of the fence. I smiled sheepishly before allowing Rick to lift me to the top so I could jump down and not hurt myself.

Rick effortlessly climbed over.

"Thanks." I said, smiling at him, he gave a slight smile back and nodded his head.

We went to the back where a woman looked to be preparing meals. We had our weapons pointed at her and she looked up surprised to see us.

"Welcome to Terminus, the sanctuary for all. I assume you used the back entrance?" She asked, I nodded.

"Smart, I'm not usually the one to do the welcoming so I'll take you to him." She started and started walking, allowing us to follow into some room where people were broadcasting messages on a loop. A guy came over.

"So I guess Gary was on security today. Hello, welcome to Terminus. My name is Gareth." We nodded at him.

"We'll be needing your weapons." He stated. We all looked to Rick alarmed but he just nodded so we put our weapons on the ground. I put everything I had on the ground and some burly guys came over to check and make sure. I was stood next to Rick, I glanced at him, unsure. He just looked at me reassuringly and I put my arms out. One of the guys started patting down my arms but he touched me inappropriately. I immediately stepping back, giving him a glare and he just smirked.

"Rick." I said, Rick guessed what happened before nodding.

"Can we get a female to check the women?" He asked, referring to me and Michonne. Gareth nodded and signalled for a woman to come over. She did a quick check and did the same to Michonne before stepping back and doing what she was before. Gareth allowed us to keep our weapons on us for now and took us outside for something to eat. The people seemed a bit off, they were too welcoming. You don't welcome anyone into the group you are in, unless you need something from them.

I was looking around, just watching the people do their thing until I saw someone with Glenn's pocketwatch which Hershel gave to him. I nudged Rick and nodded over to the man who had it and he glanced to someone who had riot gear on, which looked exactly like the one from the prison.

Rick drew his gun, making all of us draw our weapons and stare down the people. Gareth walked over.

"What's the problem? Put your weapons down!" He yelled, Rick shook his head.

"Where are our people?" He asked, Gareth just looked at him confused.

"We haven't had any new-comers for a while, I don't think your people are-" He began but Rick cut him off.

"Our people had the things you now have. The riot gear, the pocketwatch. Where are they?" He questioned.

"We found it on some dead people," He said calmly. "I'm sorry for your loss."

"Bullshit." I said, they were stronger than that. They wouldn't go easily and definitely not all at the same time.

Gareth nodded his head which signalled for snipers on the roof to point their guns at us and for people with weapons on them to threaten us. We ran in a direction which would lead to somewhere we don't know. The snipers were shooting at us but missing.

"They're shooting at our feet. They don't want to kill us." Rick stated, I nodded as we continued to run until we got into a weird room with names scribbled down and candles lighting the room up. I looked to the side and saw the weapons that our group had.

We continued to run until we came to the fences again, Gareth made his presence known.

"You shouldn't have said anything. Now, you see that container over there? Yeah, you're going in there one at a time. You will have to go in order though. So, leader, you first." He said, Rick walked towards the container, resting his foot on the step.

"Then the archer," He said, making Daryl, he made us drop our weapons before we went.

"Then the girl," He said, I walked over behind Michonne and Rick looked back at me. It was taking Carl longer than all of us to come over.

"MY SON." Rick shouted over, Gareth motioned for Carl to come over and he practically ran before we had to start going into the darkness.

"Rick?" Someone said from the dark.

Originally published 7 April 2017