Chapter 3

A/N- Extra long chapter today. Enjoy!

I had realised that Rick was really mad at me. He risked his life to save me, so I decided to go and apologise, again. I walked around the camp, getting the occasional 'hello' from the small amount of people who actually like me. I finally spotted him, he was sat near the tent he shared with Lori and Carl. Lori was sat next to him, of course.

"Rick, can I speak to you for a moment?" I asked him. He nodded, beginning to stand. Lori had different ideas.

"Anything you want to say to Rick, you can say in front of his wife." I'm sure you have room to talk, Lori. 

"Great wife you are." I mumbled quietly, thinking nobody would hear me, until Lori stood up.

"What was that?" She asked, walking towards me. I sighed, rolling my eyes.

"It was nothing." I lied. She nodded while squinting her eyes at me, bringing her hand up and hitting me.

I held my cheek, my nose beginning to tingle.

"If you tell him about Shane, I won't hesitate to tell everyone about your sad life." My eyes started to water and I walked away.

What a bitch!

It isn't her place to tell my 'secret'. She's the only one who knows but almost everyone knows that her and Shane got together. She wasn't exactly sly about what she was doing. 'I'm going to pick berries.' Sure thing. 

What she considers a secret, is that my five year old son was bit when he went into the woods. I gave him a peaceful death, I stabbed him when he was sleeping. I didn't want him to be awake, it would have worried him and I wouldn't have the heart to do it. Call me a coward but I loved my son, it would never be easy to end his life, even if it prevented something much worse. Of course he had been introduced to the group, but they believed that he had gotten lost whilst he was in the woods. I had already buried him before they had woken up. I don't know why Lori didn't tell them but I suppose it was to blackmail me.

Since they all believe that he had gotten lost, nobody had even seen the bite. Lori didn't see the bite either, so she thought I murdered my own son. If she told anybody about what I had done, I would seem heartless and they would believe that I am a stone cold killer.

I entered the RV and decided to just lay. How can she mention my son to me? A few stray tears fell down my cheeks, thinking about him has always been hard. Eventually, I fell into a dreamless slumber.

--

The RV door had opened, allowing the light into the room. I cracked my eyes open and saw Rick's figure emerge from the doorway,

"What was that yesterday?" He asked me. Obviously referring to the dispute between Lori and I. Ignoring him was so much easier than giving him an explanation. Leaving the RV, I had decided that what he doesn't know can't hurt him.

I walked up to the door of the RV, reaching for the handle. Rick grabbed my arm gently, making me stop.

"What was that about?" He asked again, this time he was more stern with his voice. I  just shrugged.

"I don't want to talk about it."

I walked over to the small lake that surrounded the camp, I needed some time alone to think.

--

After being alone for a while, Andrea, Carol, Amy and Jacqui all came over.

"Fancy washing some clothes with us?" Amy asked.