Chapter 26

I was on watch when I saw a walker come out with it's arms and jaw cut off, I looked through the binoculars again and managed to see Andrea behind it. I got up and went to cell block C, finding Rick speaking to the group.

"Rick, Andrea's here." I said as I walked out with Rick following behind me, as he saw Andrea he pinched his nose in frustration. He always did this, but I never said anything about it. As Andrea neared the gates with walkers behind her, Rick was hesitating to open the gate for her. He eventually opened it and immediately checked if she was armed.

"Did you come alone?" He asked her, she avoided his question.

"You're hurting me!" She exclaimed, he just sighed and repeated himself.

"Did you come alone?" He asked again, she nodded and he let her go before looking around the perimeter. We brought Andrea into the cell blocks as she explained a plan.

"The Governor wants to meet with you to resolve the conflict, he wants peace." Andrea stated, this is great! Rick looked a little suspicious at first but then he accepted the fact and agreed to go to the meeting that he would be soon having.

As Andrea finished explaining, then she was hesitant to leave.

"I guess you'll be going back to Woodbury." Rick said and Andrea nodded, I sighed. I was hoping she would stay at the prison, I was hoping that she would be on our side. We gave Andrea a car, a really old car, to drive back to Woodbury in. She was grateful for the offer and took it, as the gates opened I saw her looking through her rear view mirror.

--

Today was the day Rick went to go and see the Governor and I was allowed to come along, so was Daryl and Hershel. As we arrived it was only our car here so Rick went to the doors and I followed him inside, just to make sure the Governor wouldn't try anything as soon as he got inside the place. As we opened the doors I saw the Governor smile and stare at Rick, then he looked over at me. His eyes raked my body, as soon as Rick noticed he out his arm around my waist defensively. I smiled at Rick's gesture and kissed him before patting his chest and leaving them to it.

As I stepped outside I saw Daryl and one of the Governor's men at each others throat. I went over and tapped Daryl on his shoulder.

"Be the bigger man." I said, he sighed and glared at him one last time before backing away from him and turning around, he was pacing around waiting for Rick to come out. As we were waiting we heard a few walkers start coming this way. Me, Daryl and the man went to go and see how many there were, there was only a few.

"You go first." The man said, Daryl looked at him and shook his head.

"You first," The man said back, I sighed and went up with a knife, driving the blade into the walker's skull. It dropped to the floor and the man faced Daryl.

"Pussy." He said as he went up towards one and hit it with his baseball bat. Daryl didn't look intimidated at all as he shot a walker in the head with his crossbow. The man hit another with his baseball bat as Daryl repeated the gesture he did last time. Just as the man was going to kill the last walker, Daryl got out his knife and threw it, it landed in the walker's skull and the man turned around, looking full of awe.

Daryl went to retrieve his knife and came back with a pack of cigarettes. Daryl put one in his mouth and offered the man one.

"I only smoke Menthol." He said, Daryl scoffed.

"Douchebag." He retorted, he offered me and I declined, I didn't smoke... Ever.

I walked back to the door and eavesdropped a little, by accident, it isn't like I can shut my ears.

"For failing to see the devil beside you." The Governor spoke.

"Oh, I see him alright," Rick answered, I smiled, that was all I needed to hear to know that he was fine in there, I walked away, not listening to anymore of their conversation. I waited in the car, in the passenger seat.

--

Eventually Rick came out with his face a little paler than usual.

"What's wrong?" I asked as he got in the car.

"Nothing." He said as he started the car, there was something he wasn't telling me and I was going to find out about it one way or another.

Originally published 6th January 2016