Chapter 19

I woke up to find myself in an empty bed, I think Rick left. I walked down the stairs of the prison and saw everybody at the table eating, the only thing that was different was that Rick was hugging Lori's side. I guess it was a dream then.

I'm sad that I didn't get back together but maybe it was a sign that we should, or maybe it was my stupid fantasy which will never become reality.
I saw Carol walking towards me, she didn't look like she had aged a bit.
"Hey sweetie, your finally up, how you feelin'?" I shrugged and rubbed my forehead, I had a really bad headache.

For some unknown reason I started thinking about the theory that Lori had purposely killed Zac. Maybe she did but I don't know.
I finally realised that Maggie was here but Glenn wasn't, I wonder where he was because those two are inseperable. A new woman was and she looked pretty mysterious.

Carol brought me a plate of food that was probably out of date but I still didn't have an appetite. I hadn't eaten for four days yet I still felt like I had just eaten a full Christmas dinner to myself.
"No thanks." I said and gave her the plate.

"Honey, you haven't eaten for days you need to eat something." I shook my head again and she sighed while walking away.
I walked over to the mysterious woman and asked her name.

"What's your name?" I asked politely.
"Michonne." She answered plainly. I nodded and walked away, it seemed like she didn't want to talk.
I was just walking around aimlessly when Rick came up to me.

"I saw what you did to Carol." I shrugged my shoulders, assuming that he was talking about me not eating.
I was feeling a little dizzy but I guess that is normal for me anyway.

"Millie you need to eat."
"Why do you ca-" I was just about to finish my sentence when I passed out.

--

"Is she going to be ok?" Someone asked, the voice seemed familiar but it was too quiet to hear who's it was.
"She'll be fine, when she gets up just make sure she eats." I heard people exit the room and I opened my eyes.

I was in a cell on the top floor, it was quite big and spacey.
I stood up and almost fell back down, I held onto the wall as I walked and tried to go downstairs, ignoring the dizziness that was happening in my head.

I was going down the first step but before I know it I am tumbling down them.
When I reached the bottom I felt hands around my waist before I managed to hit the ground.
I looked up and saw Rick looking down at me, he put me in a cell downstairs and left me on the bed before walking out.

I guess I'll stay here then.
He re-entered the room with a tray of food. He put it on my lap.
"Eat." Rick said, I still didn't have an appetite, I felt like if I did eat I would burst.
"No" I said, he pinched his nose in frustration.
"Why not?" He asked me.
"I'm not hungry." I said plainly, not wanting to 'negotiate' further.

"You obviously are by how you made a scene and fell earlier." I sighed.
"I couldn't help falling by not being hungry while starving to death." I exclaimed, he just didn't get it.
"Just eat." Rick said, he stayed in my cell staring at me.

"Nope." I said and tried to stand up until I fell back down, showing weakness to Rick which I didn't want to do.
"You see what your doing to yourself?" He asked me. I just shrugged, I felt like saying exactly what I said in my dream.
'I have nothing to live for, everyone I ever loved has either died or disappeared from my life' and that is true.

But if I'd say it, I think that Rick would get the hint about wanting to get back together because it is kind of obvious how I say 'disappeared'.
"I am not leaving until you eat." Rick said impatiently.
"Well I guess your not leaving then." I said sassily.
"Would you stop being awkward and just eat?" He asked.

I sighed, knowing how stubborn he is. I got one bean onto a spoon and put it in my mouth.
I almost gagged because of how full I felt. I swallowed it and he asked me to open my mouth just to make sure I didn't fake it.
I did as he said and he eventually left.

One bean is all I had to eat and still it made me gag.
I stood up, not feeling any different from before, still dizzy so I sat back down and ate more.
In total, I threw up three times trying to finish my meal and it sucked.

I walked out successfully and gave the empty tray to Rick who was in the kitchen.
"Thank you." He said and gave the tray to Carol.
He wanted a word with me so I followed him to his cell.

"What?" I asked him.
"Glenn is sick, so if you go to the other cell blocks, I need you to wear this." He handed me a bandana.
"What was this his request? To have everybody wearing bandana's for the time he is sick?" I asked.
Rick shook his head and chuckled a little.

"It's to stop you from being sick as well."
"Oh." I said, laughing a little as well but my laughter turned into tears.
"What is wrong?" He asked me, pulling me into his arms.

"I- I miss Zac. H-He could of been a great kid." I sobbed into Rick's chest and he pulled my face up to look at him.
"I miss him too, but we have to be strong for the group." I nodded and walked out crying still.

Carl saw me and hugged me.
"What's wrong Millie?" He asked me, I just realised how much he has grown up.
"I just, I miss Zac." I said, Carl hugged me tighter.
"I do too." He was nearly as tall or even taller than me by now and I hugged him tighter.

Even though he isn't my kid, he is growing up too fast.

Originally published 15th June 2015