Chapter 10

Rick and I had shared that amazing kiss. It felt so unreal, I can't even begin to explain.

Rick told me all about his break up or divorce with Lori and to say the least, I was really happy for him. His relationship was toxic, ruined by Lori and Shane. Rick shouldn't have to deal with the negativity Lori pulls with her. 

"Millie, I'm not really looking for anything serious-" Rick explained, I was a little taken aback but I had managed to cover it.

"I completely understand, you just got out of a long relationship. No hard feelings?"

"No hard feelings." He smiled and pulled me into a hug. 

"Um, dad?" Carl asked, we pulled away and Carl looked confused. I suppose the divorce hadn't been explained to Carl yet.

"Carl, your mom and I need to talk to you." Rick stated, pulling away from me and grabbing Carl's hand.

"What do you need to talk to me about? I'm not in trouble am I?" Carl seemed worried, when in reality, the whole situation didn't fully involve him. He couldn't stop the inevitable. 

"Carl, how about you go find your mom so your dad can clear things up?" I had asked, he nodded with ease. I feel bad for the poor kid, never getting a true childhood. He's still young. 

"I will try to find her." Carl gave a small smile before leaving. Rick nodded his head, gesturing that it was okay for him to leave.

We turned to each other, another slight nod was exchanged before we went our separate ways.

--

My legs had began to tire from being on my feet all day. Finally finding a place to sit, my legs had the rest they deserved. For a solid minute, then Jenner had called a meeting.

"Everyone here? Good. There are extra rooms downstairs for you to sleep in, there are also showers but please, take it easy on the hot water." Okay, I'm officially excited. It seems like decades since I last got a real shower, nevertheless with hot water.

We all rushed to the lift to find the best rooms, and I found the perfect room for me.

It was medium sized, not big enough to make me feel lonely and not too small that it would make me feel trapped. The bed resting in the middle of the room looked irresistible. But showers come first. 

Making my way to the bathroom, I was impressed. It was already stocked with shampoo and soap. This place is like my own personal heaven. Stripping down, the shower began to spray hot water. Refreshing was an understatement.

Having a hot shower was somehow like escaping reality. Taking me back to the days when everything was normal, I didn't have to worry about the walkers in the dark.

Deciding I had finished, I wrapped a towel around my body and stepped into my room. Hopefully there will be a change in clothes. As I shut the door behind me, I let out a yelp after spotting Rick. He was sat on my bed, looking down at his hands.

"I'm sorry, I probably should have realised with the shower running, I'll just..." He pointed to the door and began to walk over to it. I stopped him before he could reach the handle. 

"Don't worry, it's fine. What did you want to talk about?" I asked, hoping he wasn't to embarrassed. 

"I just wanted to let you know that I am right across the hall. If you need anything at all, let me know." I nodded, looking down and smiling at the floor.

"Thank you," I said, his hand cupped my chin, bringing my eyes up to meet his. My smile remained on my face, he had a smirk. Our faces inched closer, only to be interrupted by a knock at my door.