Chapter 8

As we pulled away from the group hug, I noticed that Lori was staring at me again, and I didn't exactly like the glare that was being sent my way. Rick eventually made his way over to her and I think he comforted her about it because he kissed her then walked to the cars. I went to the cars with Zac and he sat on my knee.

Carl climbed into the car next to me, then Lori got in after Carl. This must be Rick's car then. I was sat silently and Carl fell asleep, with his head on my spare knee. Lori was staring me out like it was my fault that her son had fallen asleep on me when my knees were almost full and hers were empty. I found it quite amusing actually and I couldn't help put chuckle a little. Her glare turned into confusion as she still stared.

"What is so funny?" She asked unamused.

"Nothing." I replied and Rick got in the drivers seat.

"We are headed to the CDC, I have a feeling that they could have found a way to get everything back to normal." We nodded and he set off, with the rest of the group in different cars following closely behind.

--

We had been driving for a while and Carl woke up. I guess he had a crazy dream about travelling the world, even full of walkers because he asked Rick a random question.

"Can we go to the Grand Canyon?" He asked excitedly. Rick laughed and nodded his head. "Can Millie come with us?" He asked eagerly. Rick chuckled, again, and answered yes with a nod.

"You see that Millie! You can come to the Grand Canyon with us! I am so excited!" Carl exclaimed making me laugh.

"I could only go if Zac would go." I said looking at Zac. Zac immediately nodded, looking excited but then Lori mumbled something that made my blood boil. I don't think anyone else heard it but I definitely did.

"So you can chuck Zac off the edge and act like he was bit?"

I sighed loudly, trying to get rid of the anger, I even tried counting to ten but at that rate, I would have to count to ten thousand.

"Stop the car." I said. Rick shook his head and carried on driving. "I said stop the car!" I yelled, this time he listened and stopped. I got out and placed Zac in the seat.

"This group will look after you now. I need to go." I said and got out.

Zac followed me out anyway as I walked down the road. All the other cars had stopped and Glenn chased after me.

"Where are you going?" He asked. I sighed deeply and let all of my rage out by telling him what Lori said while hitting a tree. Not such a good idea.
By the end of the story my knuckles and hands were really bloody. Rick ran over halfway through the story and put his hands over mine, stopping me from damaging them.

"Get back in the car, you are not leaving." Rick said and started walking away.

"You cannot tell me if I can leave or not, my decision is final, I am leaving." I said and started walking through the forest.

Everything went black.

--

Rick's P.O.V

Glenn and I followed Millie into the forest, making sure she didn't do anything stupid like actually leaving but she wasn't planning on stopping. Glenn can think fast. He knocked her out with the butt of his gun.

"Why the hell did you do that?" I asked him, he just shrugged.

"She wouldn't stop, we are in a forest, danger can be around the corner, so I thought fast." He said looking guilty.

"Just, try and think of something less painful next time." I said while smiling at him.
I picked Millie up bridal style and carried her back to the car.
I got a lot of worried comments like 'Did she get bit?' and 'What's wrong with her?'. Then there was one that I didn't expect.

"Daddy, is mommy going to be ok?" It was Zac but he was near Lori and she heard him.

The bad thing was that I forgot to mention it to Lori so she must be really pissed right now.

"What?" She asked.

A/N:- Thanks for reading the new chapter!

Originally published 23rd March 2015