Chapter 7

Millie's P.O.V

I had been in the woods for a good hour or so now, I wonder what the group are up to. Obviously I shouldn't care, they won't want me there anymore.

I was just sitting in a tree, it reminded me of when Rick found me and saved me.
Then when we came up with the 'plan'. When we flirted I swear I felt something real, like it wasn't pretending or getting revenge. I don't think he felt it though.

After all it was just a 'plan' there was nothing romantic about it. I heard the snap of branches and I looked around me, I saw a little boy emerge from the bushes.

"Mommy?" The boy shouted. At this rate, he would attract more walkers than he could handle.
I jumped down from the tree and he looked at me, puzzled.
"Hi little boy, what's your name?" I asked him.
"Zac." He said.

"That is a nice name." I said, trying to get him to follow me.
"My mommy, I think she died. Can you help me please?" Zac asked me.
I nodded and he did a cute little dance. For once I actually felt a little normal.

"How old are you Zac?" I asked him. He held up four fingers.
"I am five!" He said excitedly. I laughed at how excited he was and I took his hand.
"Let's get to camp." I said. He nodded eagerly, as we were walking I heard the moans that I hated.

"Shh" I said to Zac and he nodded. The walkers had already spotted us by this time and he started to run.
"Zac!" I shouted and ran after him. He was running really fast for a five year old and he wouldn't stop.

"Zac!" I shouted again, but stopped when I ran into something hard. I looked up and saw Rick with Zac in his arms.
"Oh my god Zac! Don't run off like that!" I shouted..

I took Zac out of Rick's arms and nodded to him.

"Thank you for stopping him." I said. Rick just nodded and started to walk away.

"We are headed to a different place, I would hurry up and pack your stuff when we get back." Rick explained.

"Ok." I nodded and carried Zac back to camp. When we arrived everyone was staring at me.

"So, you got a new little boy that you can put down later on?" Lori asked me and I just shook my head and put Zac down.

Zac looked at me confused and he stood behind Rick. I walked to my tent frustrated and started to pack. Zac may be young, but that doesn't make him stupid, how could Lori do that? Especially in front of Zac. I heard the zip to my tent being undone. Rick with Zac were waiting at the zip.

"I'm sorry about her." Rick apologised. Nice to know that she cannot apologise for herself.

"It's ok." I said and continued to pack.

"Zac just asked me a very important question and I wanted to know if you would be ok with it." Rick started, I nodded as a sign for 'continue'.

"He asked if I would take care of him." Rick carried on. "With you, of course. I was wondering if I could say yes to him." Rick looked at Zac sat next to me and smiled.

"That would be great for him." I said and Zac, Rick and I had a little group hug.

Originally posted 16th March 2015

Even When The Dead Is Walking. (Rick Grimes) {Wattys2017} *EDITING*जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें