Chapter 12

I awoke in a room that I didn't recognise and a old man was above me, working on my side area.

"What are you doing?" I asked him, it was meant to be a normal tone but it came out as a whisper.
"Just go back to sleep." He said.
"No, where is Rick? Rick!" I shouted but I realised that someone was holding my hand, I turned and looked to see Rick there with worry in his eyes.

"I'm right here, please go back to sleep." He said. I nodded and closed my eyes, trying to go back to sleep but I felt a sharp pain in my rib cage.
I screamed the loudest I ever had and squeezed Rick's hand tighter.

I carried on like that for what seemed like forever until I slipped into darkness once again.

Rick's P.O.V

Millie was asking for me and wouldn't go to sleep until she knew I was here.
It took her a while to realise I was holding her hand but when she did I told her to go back to sleep, she tried but ended up screaming.

"Stop your killing her!" I shouted over her screams. Hershel just shook his head and carried on working.
I felt her grab my hand tighter for a while until she loosened it.

"What's happened?" I asked.
Hershel just shrugged.
"She probably slipped back into her coma." He said and carried on.

"Will she be ok?" I asked him, once again he shrugged.
"Depends on her injuries. She will need help walking for a while but other than that she will or should be fine."
I nodded.

I walked outside to see Carl with his mom and Shane. He looked like he was having fun with Shane but he was completely ignoring his mom.

I walked over and spoke to Carl.
"Hey, maybe you should learn how to use a weapon. Just knives at first but when you get a little older you can use a gun."

Carl's eyes lit up at the idea and he started rapidly moving his head up and down.
"Ok then, see me tomorrow and we will start then." Lori was giving me the death stare but Carl have me a massive hug.

--

2 weeks later

Millie's P.O.V

I woke up a few days ago and ever since everybody has been really nice to me. Even Lori. I know, something is going on there.

Rick has to help me walk around and I have not eaten in a little while, but I am not hungry at all.
"Please eat something." Rick said. I shook my head, I just wasn't hungry.
"Please, for me?" I sighed and took a bite out of some bread then put it down.

"There." I said when I eventually finished eating it.
Rick looked a little disappointed because he probably expected me to eat more but I cannot eat or I will vomit.

"What's wrong?" He asked, finally getting the idea that I didn't want to eat.
"I just feel like if I eat anymore I will vomit." I said.
He nodded and stood up, walking outside.

I would of followed him but, you know the whole getting shot thing? Yeah it hurts.
I was holding my side then the old man that helped me walked in.

"I didn't introduce myself my name is Hershel and- Are you ok? What's wrong?" He asked me.
"My side it really hurts." I said and tried to hold back a scream from the burning.

I screamed and immediately, Rick, Carl, Dale, Andrea and Daryl ran in.
I couldn't speak I could just scream.
"What is happening?" Rick asked in a panicked tone.

"I'm not sure get her to the bed." Hershel said, Rick, Daryl and Carl carried me to the bed. Everything was blurry by now and Hershel cut into my stitches, I screamed again and he started to look inside.

"There is one-" He got cut off because I passed out.

--

Daryl's P.O.V

"There is one more shard of bullet left but I need proper medical tools I can't do it without them or she will die." Hershel said, this is a big deal.

"I'll go." Shane said, and Otis volunteered to go too. I think he should considering the fact that he shot Millie.
They hurried out the door and got in the vehicle. Now all we have to do is wait.

--

After a few hours they arrived back and Hershel started on the operation.
"The shard is out but she had lost a lot of blood, does anybody have A positive blood?" Hershel asked.

Rick raised his hand and offered to give blood, Hershel stuck the needle into his vein and gave the blood to Millie. He told us that she should be awake in no time.

Sorry I haven't updated in a while. :) 807 words this chapter
Lilzi007

Originally published 16th April 2015