68

"Hello, Yazdan." Queen of Euritic sat cross legged on the floor as the Persian walked in.

Yazdan. He wore the old rags from Euriti warriors whose clothes were meant to be discarded. He was a particular man in his fashion. He wore the finest drapes, dripping in jewels when he did not mind attention. In these simple dusters, Yazdan looked out of place. Not to mention, his skin was pale as grey clay, which brought attention to the lines of scars on his skin; proofs of war and conflicts. If it weren't for the scarf, he would be as different as the elephant in the sea of armed men and their horses seen earlier today.

"Queen of Euritic." He smiled gently

"Thank you for attending this meeting. I am assuming King Alexander has you working vigorously."

"Through you, Queen of Euritic. I was told to serve you."

She gestured him forward, permitting him to disrobe for his comfort.

Yazdan looked at the prisoner from the corner of his eyes, but surprise did not touch his face. He approached her like a small flame in a floating plate surrounded by waves of oils. Teasing the world with an explosive destruction.

"He is asleep. For now." She answered his curiosity. "He will wake soon."

"Who is he?"

"Cyrus. King Cyrus to the rebellion,"

Yazdan stiffened.

She stared at him cautiously.

He lowered to his knees, balancing on his ankles. He opened Cyrus' mouth and whispered. "This man has a tongue."

"Yes."

"I was told the Indian king released Cyrus to King Alexander with no tongue, but incoherent mumbles. Apparently, he is in captivity and surrounded by fifty Grecian soldiers. No one is allowed to go near him unless King Alexander authorizes."

Queen said unequivocally. "Word spreads loosely."

"Celebrations have a tendency of releasing information in a haste." He believed vigilantly.

She waited, noting him meticulously. "That man isn't Cyrus. I made clear of that."

"The man in Alexander's custody is an imposter?" He said in surprise.

"Would you like to know how?"

"Do I have a choice?"

"I did not ask you if you had a choice." She said with an honest flatness that chilled him.

He lowered his head and bowed respectfully with his arms spread out.

"War is the most simplistic weapon of men." She smoothed Cyrus' hair back as Yazdan peered keenly. "Too often abused as a tool to conquer over land of other men. King Alexander is fueled through warfare and disarming. I admire his triumphs. It is challenging to despise a talent, but does it work for my people? No."

They locked eyes.

"We both honor our own progressions. I believe Alexander's would not be in my best benefit. His war is over. He captured a 'man' who has the rightful place to Persia's throne. Pursuing Metrius is a mere nuisance to Alexander now, though I have his support. Yet, that support would tie me to Alexander. Our alliance would last to the end of our days, because I needed his help. He would have his hold on me and I would lose my people's strength in my leadership to defeat one single person."

"Therefore, you defeated Cyrus on your own."

"Once King Alexander sent his letter of peace to India, I intercepted the envoy. I sent a messenger to advocate for the better option. King Alexander wanted to give him peace for a short time in exchanged for Cyrus. However, Alexander was correct when Loaf made the proposal. India will have time to prepare an attack, yet Alexander's conquering is not new to foreign countries. I believe India would maintain their old military strategies against the pale king out of confidence. I would know. I never got the chance to test my conviction against Alexander, because of the attack on Quake." She said. "My messenger swore to the regional Indian king that he will lose. It will be a great battle. King Alexander will win and put his crown on his trophy case and let him continue to rule, but under a Grecian empire."