49

Alexander the Great.

Should he called such a magnificent title?

For months, Alexander's concentration altered from controlling Asia entirely to conquering a small unit of people. At first, Alexander thought it was essential to set an impression that no disrespect will be tolerated from any foreign country like Euritic. Allowing Persians to escape his kingdom into the acceptance of another was a call for war and automatically a moral reason for Alexander to surmount the counteracting country.

The idea sounded brilliant.

Alexander was destined to be the King of the known world. The Persians escaping Persia to join Euritic was a sign of Alexander's destiny.

On the other hand, the expedition was comprised of unnecessary catastrophe. He and his generals were constantly in dispute about Euritic. He was used to the challenging antics of his generals like Philatos, Parmenion, Clietus, Kallas and others. Yet, there was an attitude change with even his favorites. These types of attitudes frightened him.

Heightened anger strains the loyalty between a king and his servants. Since he grew up with his generals, they spoke of their feelings freely and disregarded Alexander's judgment. Also, he and wife's relationship was in an uproar. Roxana would openly disrespect and deny him sex. He would force her legs open and take her as any husband would. Now, she was worse because he killed her mother; leading to the second to last disaster of the trip. Alexander burned over 800 Persians and blamed the people on spreading an illness. Lastly, in his active pursuit of controlling Queen of Euritic, majority of his people were killed.

His men constantly begged Alexander to abandon his need for the jungle kingdom. He permitted his personal feelings to affect his decisions because he wanted the Queen to submit.

In the end, Alexander was returning to Persia without any Persian civilians except for Darro, barely any of his Grecian men and an alliance with Euritic. Knowing the current situation, he questioned whether it was worth it. He could have made peace with Queen of Euritic, disregarding she took his Persian people and transporting them across seas.

Perhaps, he should have listened to his men.

"Is your wife under healthy conditions?" Hephaestion asked Alexander.

Hephaestion was lying in bed. One of the Queen's healers had to treat his wounds before they returned to Persia or Greece. Zeus had blessed Hephaestion, because while others were dead, he earned a slight burn on his back. Nothing too serious, though the blisters were painful until the healer appeared.

"I believe she is untouched physically."

"You have not seen her?" He winced as the healer smoothed his contraption on his burn mark.

"No."

"Holds no importance." He folded his arms, watching the healer carefully. The man was wearing a full cloak with his hood over his face. His hands as dark as the night.

"It does. Tend to the woman before we go to Persia. We do not want her to speak ill."

Alexander smoothed his discombobulated hair to the side after swallowing a mouthful of wine. He licked his lips, refusing to let a drip slip down. Euritic's wine and food tasted amazing. Their wine was sweet and strong. Their food lacked meat but the fish and leaves had a distinct taste. Usually, they cooked their fish and added somewhat of plants' extract to cleanse it. Though, their food seemed to have added ingredients and seasoned to taste differently.

"Roxana would complain how I killed her mother or forced myself inside her."

"Or laid hands upon her." Hephaestion winced again.