21

Alexander and his men were a week's ride from this supposed golden kingdom. The Persian boy , Darro, has proven his loyalty by leading his Grecian army to Euritic's direction. Many homeless people verified the unknown, secretive place as they traveled by.

As a reward, he offered the men sanctuary in his army with the requirement they fight at command. Some denied the kind gesture. Some joined.

Alexander, personally, did not care, because there were more things to ponder about than the Persian strays. A battle was ahead. The conflict will be small as he expected since his domination was skillfully done upon many villages. On the other hand, Alexander had a feeling his encounter with the Queen would be anything, but tedious. Since 20 years old, after his father passed, Alexander fought against tyrants, imposter kings, and weak rebellions; and, each aspect had something in common.

They were males.

He smirked to himself.

He proceeded to change history. From his knowledge, he was the first king to fight a queen and successfully overrun the kingdom. Or he was planning to. Yet, it is palpable.

"Your grace?"

He was sitting on the edge of the cliff.

His legs swung fearlessly over the wide black hole below him.

"Yes, Phillip?"

The servant reported behind him. "I have the account on how many passed."

King Alexander touched his growing beard. He looked over his shoulder. "By Zeus's grace, I hope the account is below the men needed."

Phillip hesitated. "Zeus' grace has been overshadowed by Hades' touch."

Alexander slapped both of his knees before standing up. His guards moved in sync into new positions to protect their king. "Then we shall bite down on the news and hope not to shed blood."

Phillip rolled out the inventory scroll. "Fifty-one civilized women over fifty. Twenty-seven civilized women under fifty. Seventy-eight civilized men over fifty. Ninety-two men under fifty."

His eyebrows furrowed. Two hundred forty-eight people perished. "Out of how many?"

"Three thousand." He confirmed.

Alexander asked. "Does this include the amount from three weeks ago?"

"No. The total loss out of three thousand is-"

"Do not give me specific population numbers based on sex and age. Give the overall amount."

"Yes, your grace." He combined the numbers. "Eight hundred ninety-four people died on the journey."

"This is only for the civil men and women traveling with us."

"Yes."

Alexander did not only travel with his armed force. He was beyond the difference of any fundamental ruler, whose sole purpose was to approach each battle with soldiers. His migrating horde was leveled by his Greek and Persian soldiers, and then, the women, the children and the old.

This was his routine.

In Babylon, he gathered Persians to join the battle against this Euritic kingdom. His plan was to continue as it has done in the past. After he conquers Euritic, he will assimilate the group into the new land and take half of the natives with him. His prerogative was unity. Alexander mixed civilizations from dissimilar countries to diversify the populations. He wanted to prove different cultures can survive under one leadership. The next step was to take the natives of Euritic to the next land he planned overtake.