53

The voices spoke truth. Her doubts rightfully existed. She couldn't formulate how or when Queen of Euritic formed this plan. How was she intelligent enough to predict this result?

There were many questions to ask.

How did she acquire the ship?

How did she acquire these Persians?

Kiki tried to ask the logical questions, but fear crept into her skin and raised her hairs in alert for what's to come. She hadn't felt apprehension like this since her parents were murdered. The event of her execution couldn't come close to the repulsion.

Queen of Euritic was different.

Her attire opposed her natural style. Last year, Queen of Euritic was the very representation of balance between bright colors and nudity. She graced the red colors as if they were made for her body. She enhanced the clothes. It was not possible for the dresses, skirts and tops to wear her. She had a seductive grace without trying.

Currently, she was terrifying. Not once in her life had Kiki seen a woman wear a tight suit from neck to toe. Usually, dresses cover the appendages, but this material enclosed around each limb to her torso and her arms. The black suit was clear of patterns or shininess. Dull and frightening as her skin was covered, except for her face.

The woman's face had changed too. Her tattoos elevated from her neck to the sides of her face and joined at the forehead with a claw mark in the middle. The writings weren't large and overwhelming, but small and detailed enough to shock Kiki. The exotic markings emphasized the predatory gaze in her round black eyes, which was accompanied by her tensed lips.

Kiki sensed danger.

"Have you grown smaller?" Queen of Euritic's voice lathered with dark oppression "I thought one fruit a day was sufficient for a treasonous woman."

Kiki began scratching at the door. "Release me!"

"You were released. Free from the hooks of Euritic and disbanded to a course where your leaders lived. Now, you are also free to die. How fortunate." Queen of Euritic walked to Kiki slowly like a large black cat with a mission to feed.

"You are an evil woman! I should kill you!"

"Yet, you are running."

"How could you damn your soul to these measures!? You are killing hundreds of Persians and Euritis."

"I am punishing traitors."

"What of the children?!" Kiki argued, purposely targeting her morality to buy her time to get the door open.

"Most shall live."

"What?" Kiki turned around.

Queen of Euritic disappeared.

She was creeping in the darkness.

Kiki could feel her eyes penetrating her as she inspected the corners frantically.

"As I have said. Most shall live. There are those who must die to keep up Metrius' representation."

Kiki froze. "You are framing King Cyrus and King Metrius."

Queen of Euritic chuckled darkly.

"Our release was a hoax! We were destined to die under your law, but it was preferred we die in your mischievous games!" Kiki sneered, looking for her.

"Not games. Strategy." Queen of Euritic said coolly. "After your plan on Quake occurred, everything was doubted. Whom were my enemies? Whom were my friends? There were so many of you to count. I could have killed you and your people as I have been doing for months. However, I was gaining enemies as I was executing them."

"What is your plot?!" Kiki shook the doorknob, feeling her presence nearing.

"Loyalty."

Kiki scoffed. "Disgusting woman! How do you expect to gain loyalty? Spread your legs."

"To have loyalty, I must destroy it first."

A chill touched and trembled her lips. "They will not sway to your reign. Never-"

The woman suddenly appeared at her side like a spirit. Though, it was her smarts and speed that performed the illusion perfectly. An illusion that took her breath away and silenced her insults.

"I have waited so long to peer upon this lovely face of yours. I have dreamt of the times we have laughed. The times we have loved. The times you have deceived me." Queen of Euritic inched towards her direction. "I am severely disappointed. I thought I would cry till no end. Yes, I learned I can cry. Fortunately, not for you. Perhaps, our love was at a surface. It did not accurately depict a feeling a mother and daughter should have. You are right. I was never your mother. You are the seed of another. I had months to accept it. But...I did raise what was left of you."

Queen of Euritic's hand hovered over Kiki's head.