64

Weeks later, Queen of Euritic, Loaf and Rek were sitting in the seats at the far end of the table, while the Grecians settled in the majority with their omnipotent leader holding the superior chair by the balcony. Her people preferred to stand as they watched the Grecians debate angrily over the topic of India. Metrius' location was possibly in India, which most likely excited King Alexander's ego more than worry it. In his head, he manifested India into a religious sign of a destiny he was meant to uphold. For Metrius and Cyrus to be in the same region he planned to conquer, all was meant to be in his eyes.

His people did not feel the same.

To clarify, the ones who spoke up.

Kallas, a general with long black hair and lime green eyes, stood up in his pearly white tunic that hung to his knees. "May I speak?!"

The men debated loudly over the young man's voice, but as soon as King Alexander granted his right for speech, they went quiet.

"I understand our predicament. The men are no strangers to the spoils or consequences of war. Their relationship to warfare is only sustained with the idea of gains, and not losses. For years, we fought for Macedonia and her peace. We have fought for you King Alexander and your war. However, you are stretching us far beyond our will can allow us," Kallas said fairly. "The opportunity to find the tyrants has given us a purpose to avenge the fallen. Though, it appears, for the men, your hunger for conquering has taken advantage of our feelings to gain you want. India."

King Alexander responded casually. "My intentions have not been hidden from my men. I planned to spread my reign as far as the land of Eurasia can take me. The discovery of the treasonous men should not cancel the purity of my intentions. This is not a misleading duty, but an evident reinforcement for claiming what should be ours."

A boy named Philatos intervened with his father Parmenion on his left in agreement and his brother Nicanor on the right with no decision to agree. "I disagree on the subject of your overpower in India and its kings. Nevertheless, Alexander if you should choose to ignore our disagreements on the matter and proceed to undertake India, then know this. We should not fight for two causes. We should choose to find the tyrants or follow your idea to take India."

"Limit ourselves." King Alexander disapproved.

"Those limitations are bestowed by our own strengths and weaknesses." Philatos disagreed. "It is not a choice we make for ourselves."

Parmenion followed after. "Our situation defines the boundaries of our abilities."

Kallas said. "We have been successful in destroying Metrius' and Cyrus' allies and taking their villages as our profits. Though, great many men have perished and many have been exhausted. As Philatos claims, we cannot do both and reap rewards of success when the outcome is predicted to be disastrous."

"Who predicts this?" Another general named Bemus entered with his brown, narrow eyes rolling in irritation for King Alexander. His black tunic hugged his heavy physique tightly, though the arms gave him room to move. "You? Pamenion? Philatos? Nicanor? Cleitus? Romus? Belen? Marcus?"

Kallas frowned. "Is it not our jobs to analyze the battle from our positions?"

"Yet we are in no position, now are we?" Bemus said wearily. "Alexander gave us voices on this council to share our concerns-"

"Which we are-"

"Analyze the battle from our perspective-"

Kallas scoffed. "Did I not just say-"

Bemus raised his voice to show interruptions weren't called for in his next statement. "We do not have the right to rewrite the course for Alexander's expedition. Which some of you believe is yours to decide. Alexander does not plan to ignore your wishes and go upon his day battling with his own concerns. Not at all. When has he done so? He will combine your ideas with his own to assure we win. His military strategies have not failed us."