17

"Father." Marcellus lacked control of his knees as he bowed. His kneecaps bled on the small, rough rocks, since his purposeful fall was abrupt.

The last time Marcellus saw his father he was swearing a blood oath to his throne and purpose to relinquish his Queen Aunt of her reign in Euritic. To set the definition of succession into its rightful meaning; for his father, the rightful male king and all his children have the right to inherit the crown.

"Marcellus, my son." Metrius spoke in an undermining tone. "Stand. I need to see your change."

As Marcellus raised stiffly, his shadow shamed Metrius' height. "Dear Titans and all their powers, you are my father's grandson."

His statement served as a compliment, being compared to an advanced, great ruler like King Kirk. Though, the form it slithered out showed less congratulations as anticipated and demonstrated a more bitter base.

Metrius was particular about his father.

The manner he raised Marcellus was somewhat a defiance towards his own father's teachings. The angry king wanted to prove a point King Kirk's decisions were barely applicable to raise forerunners to become royalty. The example was his aunt, Queen. To Metrius, Queen lacked the two qualities a ruler required for a kingdom's triumph; masculinity and stringency. He believed a woman's uncontrollable fact in being a woman was the downfall in enforcing strict policies to keep the Euriti people under control. His grandmother, apparently, saved Metrius from his father's wrongful ways.

"My King," Marcellus folded his hands around his back. "Have I done something wrong to provoke your immediate presence?"

Metrius lingered. "Why do you not stare upon me?"

His eyes were casted down for quite a bit. "To respect you, your highness."

"How gracious." He said flatly. "No, you have not the influence to summon me nor have you done anything to betray me. Kumi reported great things."

Marcellus was about to look back at the legendary warrior, but decided against the automatic response before his father penalized him for the lack of focus. "I am pleased your pleased, father."

He finally looked at his father.

Three years ago, Metrius was someone to fear. All his life Marcellus literally peered up at his father; a man with strength and influence beyond belief amongst the underground world of lost people without homes or nomadic groups. Currently, Marcellus wasn't physically intimidated by Metrius because he developed over him. King Metrius was lighter than his sibling. Despite the evident high melanin in the family, he had honey clear skin, accompanied by tiny dark freckles around his nose and under his black eyes. His diamond shaped face held sharp angular bones, threatening soft featured men who would cower under his gaze. His muscular body, however, reformed into a bloating gut and weak thin legs. The beard was an interesting addition.

"Different." He spread his arms, circling as if to show off his transformation. "The less likely to be recognized in my new...attire."

"Yes, father."

"Good." Metrius walked closer. "You have been doing my sister's bidding. Of course, her first instinct was to use a young boy to control her own kingdom."

Marcellus nodded. "My first walk into the country was eventful. I was prompted to spy."

"Shameful." He breathed angrily. "My sister is weak. Harboring those Persians over the years because someone inquired it. My father was a fool to sign his crown to that imposter."

Abi joined. "Do not fret, cousin. The Persians will undergo a new nation."

The young man was blown by the occasion. The attendance of his father was a shock on its own, because Queen was searching for him in the Brothers' Kingdoms on suspicion. They didn't find him, meaning Abdu was free of harboring a Euriti fugitive. Little was his Queen aware, Abi was the source. Abi was Queen's favorite cousin, who she grew closely to over the course of their childhood while Abdu magnetized towards Metrius. He was a true traitor to the throne. Queen's throne.