41

Queen and the men were running through the trees towards the entrance of Euritic. The closer they were, the more Queen perceived the flames illuminating the sky and dispersing in large clouds of smoke.

The cries of her people, both in agony and calling for help, triggered Queen to run faster. She sped past her men, whom fought to catch up to the royal woman's trail. She was destroying their protective stance, developed by Loaf and it was difficult for the warriors to secure her.

They reached the entrance.

Immediately, the warriors signaled for the doormen to open the entrance.

No one answered.

The warriors were repetitively yelling out.

"Where are the men?!" Queen snapped. "Where are they?!"

Her warriors didn't dare to answer. They looked to fix the problem than agitate their Queen in her frantic state.

The same warrior, Famar, who informed Queen about the unfortunate events in Quake spoke in an anxious tone. "Pombo and the warriors left the mountains and went to fight. There were too many on the ground."

Queen couldn't act out her panic. Her people were turning against each other, while she was stuck on the outside, helplessly. It would do no one good if she shared her apprehension, because the men looked shaken under their hard exterior. "We must go through the mountains. Kuan and Pam; you two will inspect the left region. I want Famar to stay as a watchman on the mountain. We might have settled a deal with the Greek King, however we cannot be blinded if he turns on us. Or if anyone else does. I want Goorin, Tank, and Omi to spread out above the second level on the two mountains. Yaya and Hu, come with me. I have no doubts the entrance was blocked on purpose. We have to survey the secret entrances to find if they are closed as well."

Without question, the men did as they were commanded.

Queen scurried over to the right mountain region. The secret passage began in an abandoned domed home, streaked with dirty lines and tangled vines. They ducked under the entrance, quickly avoiding possible sleeping animals that hid in the shadows. Their light growls traced their hurried footsteps. Smoothly, the two warriors lifted the floors to the underground cave, leading to the floors of the mountains.

The darkness would confuse a foreigner; guided without a torch or clear path. A calculated decision by Queen to avoid any intruders from making it through completely. The door was just as undetectable as the path to it.

On the way, Queen could feel her shaky emotions moved to a state of chaos. Most days...no...every day, Queen was in control; in control of her country, the sectors, and most importantly, herself. Yet, all in one, they were spiraling out of her authority. They mashed together erratically as Queen attempted to grab a hold and placed them in order. Though in the moment, Queen was a vessel for the chaos to plunge through like leaves in a twisting storm.

Her own people? He said.

Her OWN people.

Loyal people of Euritic could never betray Queen like this. So who was it? Was it the Persians? She offered the foreigners good, equal lives or return to civilizations with their similar cultural systems. If there were any who disagreed with Queen's rule, they were long gone by now.

"Please open it." Queen commanded her men as calmly as she could. The politeness prevented Queen from speaking out of turn to her own men.

"Yes, my Queen."

The two warriors battled against the door. She hoped the door would open. However, as the screams of her people sang and the burning smell seeped in, the hope was altering.

The men turned back slowly, not wanting to deliver the news aloud.

Queen saw it for herself.

But she was in disbelief.

"It must be a mistake," she charged at the door; the men parted and crowded behind their queen.

The dirt under her nails gathered as she tried to pull.

She yelled in frustration.

Her composure shocking the men.

The likelihood of the other secret doors opening was highly likely.

They could break it down.

Queen took a deep breath as the noises heightened.

"Yaya, Hu... aid me in pulling the wood. It is only stuck. We must break piece by piece." She said, hurriedly. "Come. Come."

"Yes, my Queen-"

Yaya's words turned into a gurgle.

"Yaya?" She turned around.

Blood spilled out of a broken line along the circumference of his neck. He dropped on his knees with his hand cradling the deathly injury. The reveal of Hu, holding the knife sadistically and smirking, was enough for Queen to go deaf towards the painful screams.

He wiped the blood off his knife against Yaya's cloth.

Instinctively, Queen wanted to help Yaya. The view of him choking to death was one that will haunt her dreams.

"Tsk, tsk. You shall not, Daughter of Kirk and Queen Rene." His voice laced with menace. A proud one.

She narrowed her eyes. To question his loyalty by now was absurd. Referring to her as "Daughter of Kirk and Queen Rene" disregarded her position as Queen.

"Does it surprise you? You are not a ruler. Only a breed that came from the union of Kirk and Queen Rene."

"My father is not royalty but my mother is?" She caught the "Queen" before the "Rene" but where was the "King" before the "Kirk".

Her mother wasn't skilled to band together a fleet of people and ships. Words can do many things beyond her prisoner bars, but the end of her words had to reach some place. It wasn't a job done alone.

Queen realized. "I am predicting my brother wants you to bring me in alive."

"Yes."

She couldn't be surprise. They were planning an attack that Queen had been tracing for years. The long wait for her brother's ultimate treachery was anticipated among other insane things. She should have known after her potential consorts were attacked that he was coming soon.

She was too keen on Alexander's actions to recognize it.

"Where will I go?"

He looked back, afraid for unexpected company. The others must have been loyal to her. He was only one traitor. "To your cousin's ship to await for your brother."

"My cousin's?"

"Abi awaits." He said. "I was commanded to not harm you. You will be kept alive."

Abi? Not Abdu?

Impossible.

Abi was the sweet one between the brothers. Abi was beside Queen's reign from the moment her father was murdered by her mother. He was against Metrius' mutiny. But Abdu was clearly Metrius' favorite brother. He killed his own family to become a king. The two had more in common with their vile tendencies than Abi.

She drew in a sharp breath.

Abi betrayed her.

"Come." He reached out, warning her with his eyes.

Queen sweetened her face with an innocence and hunched over in obedience. "I will speak with my brother, immediately."

"King Metrius shall see you when he sees fit." He gripped her hand and pulled her to walk over Yaya's body.

As soon as Queen moved, she extended her leg sharply into Hu's groin. He leaned over and groaned, but collected quickly as all of her warriors were taught.

His reflex was swift.

He caught her kick in midair. Her leg was extended high up, foot and body turned sideways. His hand tightened around her heel and twisted her ankle.

She bit her scream, responding by using his hold to lift her upper body in the air and swiped her other foot against his cheek. He freed her, allowing Queen to twist in the air and land on her knees.

The second she caught him off guard, Queen swiped her leg again. but this time under his legs.

He fell.

The dagger flew out his palm.

She caught it in midair and attempted to stab into his ribcage.

He kicked Queen in the chest, throwing her into the ground and knocking the blade out of her hand.

She struggled to get out of the mud as Hu held the advantage. He crawled to the blade, then proceeded to crouch over Queen.

Quickly, she threw mud in his eyes.

He yelled and straightened up.

She grunted, forcing her body out the mud. His fingers held the blade loosely. Grabbing the blunt edge, Queen sliced her palm. The pain was nothing...especially when she drove it into his side.

He screamed in agony.

She snatched it out and drove it into his neck.

His last cry was similar to the choking sound Yaya made.

The irony.

She hoped he suffered the same.

Queen heard footsteps.

They were yelling for their queen; hearing the commotion going on.

Unfortunately, Queen thought it was too coincidental for them to arrive. But the worry in their voices endeavored to convince Queen otherwise.

Still, it could be deceitful.

Then again, her warriors were her most trusted.

However, she trusted Hu.

As their footsteps moved closer, Queen stood on her feet. She was cursed with an ongoing inner battle. Stuck between trusting her men and believing they wanted her to fall.

A/N: Exciting news! If you guys been wondering, where is the update? Well. I have been working these past days since the last update on TEN parts. Yes, TEN. So every single day, you guys will be receiving an update ten days straight!  I hope you guys enjoyed the chapter. Genesis will be ending soon and another part will be introduced! Have a good one!