2

Euritic was a different world.

Marcellus thought.

The land was a country within a jungle.

The Euritis were awaiting by the entrance. Their spears waited in their hands as they guarded their kingdom. They were the less dressed men he has ever witnessed in his 15 years of life. A beige, crimped material wrapped on their lean hips and under their genitals for concealment. Brown skin was as dark as coal underlined with a warm, red undertone and tight to the bone. The giants had lean, sculpted bodies. Little body mass to intimidate a man, yet the foreign white symbols plastered on their foreheads and arms were exotic enough to scare the courage out of a king.

On each flank of the refugee, nine Euritis men lead them into the jungle. Mountains surrounded the perimeter of the land, then he wondered if his observation was true when walking deeper into the trees. The light was missed. The trees hunched over the unclear path as the mountain's shadows congested it.

He remembered sticking his hand out as Marcellus watched the striped pattern of light created by the trees pass on his skin with every step. Then, he tucked his arm to his back in fright when the leaves shook. Looking up, four legged animals were jumping from branch to branch, producing high noises that repeated. Then, deep noises like a man who was gasping in a fast, reoccurring fashion.

His eyes were bulging out their sockets.

Statues. Monuments. Greying down into decay, but the images of what they stood for was blatant. Or in other words, what they were. Animals, women and men. Then, housings built in a foreign form. Mud blocks smaller than usual was stacked up to create a 50 feet wide building in a dome shape. Some were built in a square fashion, yet then rounded on top with a pointy tip. The diversity did not halt there. But Marcellus was too distracted by the large wall.

The men whistled in a melodic sound.

Two minutes of quiet.

Suddenly, the solid wall opened from the middle. It split apart in a loud rumble.

Marcellus gasped.

The dainty that gracefully brightened through the crease of the parting wall could mimic the finding of a thousand gold pieces in a vault. The luminosity was gilded rich. Marcellus imagined maybe it was their sun who performed magnificently. But the truth stomped him into shame for the assumption.

Yes, the sun held its part.

Though, Euritic was optimistically blamable.

About 400 feet away, on the left, the buildings were magnificently decorated in gold. Built in brick with diverse styles; domes, squares, hybrid, slanted roofs, and square bases with an upside down trapezoid setting. The heights were not leveled, yet it was abstract. The structures risen high as 12 stories and as low as 1.

It was like this on the right of him.

Gold.

Was all he can think.

He stepped on the black road that stretched a mile to the tallest tower of all. He could not wait to observe it up close. He decided to limit himself to the clear zones he can see. He realized he wasn't an effective spy in the method he was using.

Marcellus fell short in fighting distractions; watching the darkest, the dark brown, the brown, and light skin individuals civilizing. They were insects in his vision.

He narrowed his eyes.

Marcellus was baffled.

The black road the people were set to travel on had two branches split on the left and right side. The six branched paths alienated the land in six divisions; cites. He predicted the evident color of the roads was solidifying the separations. To not confuse the places as one, though it was unified by one Queen.