9

Queen thought back to last night.

"Metrius is your mirror image." Queen began. "From what my people have said, he is your height, light brown hair and beautiful green eyes. He has a mole on his nostril; your family's trait. He is also swollen with wine and meat."

She looked at the royal prisoner, whose imprisonment was a gift compared to the other cells criminals suffered through. The prisoner had a huge bed with fluffy pillows, beautifully sculpted torches on the walls for heat and light, a wide furniture chair, and a servant to wait on her during the day.

Queen smirked.

Though, the prisoner wore a blank, brown dress that stopped at the knee. Less flattering than the fashion worn by her civilians.

"Let me not forget the other family trait; absurdity. My private warriors have been chasing Metrius throughout Persia to the point he abandoned the women, children and elderly who followed him."

The prisoner responded in her snippy attitude. "Have you slaughtered them?"

"Maybe I shall reword 'abandoned'." Queen announced this fact with a grim look. "Metrius had the women, children and elderly impaled, hanging their bodies on sticks. There are two possibilities. He was frightened his people would tell of his whereabouts or additional information. Or mother like son, the thirst for blood had gone rogue."

Her mother laughed. "You are blind. Your views are clearer than your father's eyes, but nevertheless, those same black eyes you two hold are debris."

"I take my father's traits and now I am the one Queen, mother." She revolted. "Your son took yours and he is a traitor."

"Respect your king!"

"My king is dead, cold woman." Her voice lowered. "Your son is a bastard."

Her mother's green eyes enlarged in horrification. "He is the son of Kirk and Rene, rulers of Euritic. You will address him respectfully as the king."

"Your husband placed his crown on my head. Paranoia is a dangerous enemy, mother. You beware of its tactics."

"Why are you here?"

"This war ends with you, mother." She said solemnly. "His heart yearns for you."

"Then release me from this hell. Give me to my son, concluding the feud between you two."

Queen laughed. "He loves you. Metrius adores his egocentricity more. He will sacrifice his own mother for personal gain and to prove he's the rightful ruler."

She narrowed her eyes. "I will repeat. Why is your presence among mine?"

"I will repeat also. This war closes with you...him...and...me. The war can be won on either side." Queen tapped the metal bars. "In an imaginary world, your son would barge through my walls and take my life. You will be released as he calls himself king. Metrius would destroy my laws, my every doing and commitment to Euritic. You would dance on my grave, drinking Parmlium's blood for breakfast and live in contentment with your son."

"A wonderful world," she applauded, laughing cyclically. "I will wear your pet's coat as a dress. Black panther will wear me well."

"Vin will feed on you the same."

"He shall enjoy."

"I doubt. You are a tasteless woman."

Her crazed mother spat on the floor.