10

"Cousin!" The theatrical leader announced from below.

Abdu was the leader of the coast Northern African three tribes Jut, Numen, Tama, since he was eight years old after killing his own father in a ritual requested by the people during a revolt. The history behind his reign was gruesome and traumatic for an 8-year-old boy without a mother and deemed traitorous father, yet Abdu proved age was a limited factor in a king's success. What once was a small village with one tribe of ten was expanded miles on the African coast, guarding the ocean and their land beside it.

Their ship pushed into the sand and her people settled the incline plane for their Queen to walk down.

The reunited tribes gathered their people to celebrate Queen's arrival. The beautiful children lined up along the shore, beating their drums and forming the lovely sounds that flew the birds away. Seeing the young ones perform wonderfully in her honor prompted a smile on Queen's solemn face. Their smiles widened as the drummers pounded louder.

More little people danced in a circle, while the elders clapped at the joined groups with hopeful expressions. It captivated Queen. The joy of the young and the old in a kingdom other than hers.

Colorful feathers, blue, red and yellow was thrown in the air and carried by the wind's strength into the ocean's waves.

"Hello, Abdu." Queen met her cousin halfway.

They bowed respectfully.

"I brought gifts." Queen signaled her people to carry out the boxes, packaged in silk dresses for the women, laced golden animal toys for the children and daggers for the men. His government was sex oriented, traditional and male praising like any other common society.

The people rejoiced, excited for the gifts and foreign fruits grown from their trees.

"You spoil us." He hooked her hand into the crease of his left arm.

"We are family countries."

Through her mother, unfortunately. Abdu was Queen's first cousin. Her mother and his father were brother and sister. However, their family was not a close unit. Before his father was murdered, he banned Queen's mother after discovering she stolen the dowries of their women to raise a rebellion against their king. Their parents' feud wasn't important between them. Business was the essential.

"How is my aunt?"

He guided Queen into the trees where a red and elongated carpet lead to a gigantic hut. The bamboo sticks curved on the top had a large giant bird representing their spirit animal.

Her oldest warrior Kumi and his division, including Marcellus was underneath Queen protectively. They watched an African King's guards watch them for the same purpose. To them, family kingdoms were no different from outsiders. Queen noticed their protective levels advanced around blood related royalty, because it meant comfortable access to their majesty. Especially Abdu, who was the nephew to her treacherous mother.

She respected Marcellus' new attitude. It illustrated his potential as a warrior. After serving Queen for five years as an informant, it was the least she could repay him.

"Kumi, I will be fine. Your men and the boy are to wait here." Their Queen commanded the warriors and Marcellus to wait outside. 

The argument concentrated in their eyes, yet not released from their mouths.

Abdu's eyes trailed after Marcellus in amusement. "He is new."

"Yes." Queen lowered her eyelids, perplexed. "He and the other two beside him."