𝗜𝗧'𝗦 𝗔 𝗚𝗛𝗢𝗦𝗧!!!

There had been very few occasions where y/n had visited the Wangshu Inn.

Very very few.

This was... what... her third time visiting?

"The stairs have yet to be repaired so we'll need to take the elevator." y/n told Aether and Paimon as they neared the Inn.

"Wow, now that Paimon thinks about it, you seem to know an awful lot about Liyue and the Adepti." Paimon chirped, "And you've only lived here for a couple of months. Very impressive."

Y/n laughed, "Well, knowing a lot about Liyue is kind of my job... I have to know it like the back of my hand since I'm a messenger."

"A messenger?" Paimon echoed.

"A messenger." y/n confirmed, "And a bit of an errand girl. A little bit of both."

"And you work at the Funeral Parlor?" Aether asked and y/n nodded smiling, "Wow... you work two jobs... that's..."

"It's not all that bad-" y/n cut in, "It's only whenever they need me. Plus, I have dangerously attractive co-workers. Potential partners!"

"You're really desperate to get married, huh?" Aether commented as they exited the elevator together.

"I'm not desperate! I just wanna get married before I die, that's all! That way I don't die alone!" y/n protested, "I mean, what human being would want to die alone?"

"Hm... good point." Paimon decided.

"Ah, here we are. If you wanna know something the adeptus who hangs around here, I think we should ask the boss." y/n suggested then smiled, "Will you two be okay handling things by yourself from here?"

"Yeah, we should be alright. Thanks again, y/n-" Paimon began to say.

"We'll probably still need your help." Aether said quickly and pretended not to notice the confused look Paimon gave him.

"Oh. Alright I suppose." y/n hummed, "I don't really have anything else to do... I'm no expert but I'd say the adeptus we're looking for may be on the balcony."

"Well what are we waiting for! Let's go!" Paimon exclaimed, floating ahead.

Y/n and Aether followed a bit slower, y/n appearing to be spacing out a little.

The blond watched y/n for a moment. There was a nostalgic look on her face and sadness in her eyes. Maybe she was thinking of someone she lost?

Of course Aether would recognize that look, he himself made it rather frequently when he thought of his sister.

When the trio got to the balcony, it seemed as if nobody was there.

"Huh, there'd nobody here." Paimon stated. The little pixie creature joined Aether and y/n where the two were taking in the view that the balcony provided.

"Heh, I can see so much from up here." y/n said, chuckling a little, "I feel like a bird."

Y/n probably wouldn't have noticed another presence aside from her own plus Paimon and Aether had it not been for the slightest change in the wind.

She glanced to her left and as soon as her brain confirmed that it was definitely a living, breathing being, she screamed.

Aether and Paimon covered their ears, surprised by y/n's very unexpected scream. So loud...

She actually lost conciousness for a split second, wobbling and nearly falling off the balcony only for this newcomer to grab her by the arm and pull her back to safety.

Y/n was in a panicked daze, incoherently rambling about how she was going to die and how she was going to be eaten alive.

"A Sigil of Permission? You came prepared." this strange new person hummed, "Though this only prevents me from hurting you myself it doesn't stop you from getting hurt in other ways."