𝗛𝗮𝗵𝗮 𝗳𝘂𝗻𝗻𝘆 𝗽𝘂𝗿𝗽𝗹𝗲 𝗴𝗮𝘀

"This is the place?" y/n murmured aloud, staring at the cave in front of her with a wary expression.

She did not like the sounds coming from within. Not one bit. Everything about this suspicious base was telling her to turn away and get to stepping.

The menacing aura sent a shiver down her spine and she could tell that the two other resistance members she'd brought along with her felt just as wary.

After returning to camp and informing the others of what had happened, Nathan was tied up while y/n set out again with two others in order to find their little hideout.

Y/n had successfully found it but she was not liking the weird feeling the place was giving her. It was like whispering. Angry, bitter whispering. But multiplied by 1000000. It honestly made her skin crawl.

Regardless, she heard the familiar presence of Ayumu inside the hideout and decided to just head on in.

"You two stay out here and make sure nobody comes in or out." y/n instructed the resistance members accompanying her, surprising herself with her steady tone as she prepared to enter the hideout.

'SOMEONE STOP ME!!!' y/n thought, horrified by her own actions as she entered the base without hesitation, moving farther and farther away from her only company, 'THIS IS SO STUPID, I'M GINNA DIEEEEE!!!!!'

Purple mist. That was what y/n first saw when she entered the hideout. The whispering had intensified as well and the noise itself seemed to press against her, muffling her senses and filling her ears with that hellish whispering.

The voices were enraged. Some were bitter. Others were sad or filled with misery. Some seemed and though they were in pain while a couple others seemed to drip with hatred and malice.

Y/n shuddered, "Eurgh... the quicker I get out, the better. I hate this place already, it gives me the creeps!"

As y/n hurried through the base, jumping at the slightest sounds and screeching whenever something fell, she grew increasingly more nervous than before.

Was it just her or was it getting hard to hear anything but that infernal whispering? The voices had intensified as she ventured deeper and the air was almost suffocating.

These awful sounds... what were they?

The accumulation of wicked thoughts?

The voices of the damned?

"Holy 💩, am I in hell!?" y/n demanded, eyes wide as her gaze darted from one end of the room she was in it the other, "I'm gonna die here, aren't I? I'm really gonna die...!"

Her legs were shaking now, her body having turned against her. Every nerve was screaming at her to just run but y/n didn't budge, still wanting to find Ayumu.

What if something had happened to him?

Aether and Paimon were with him, right?

Y/n had to make sure they were alright.

The h/c haired girl inhaled a shaky breath, breaking out into a cold sweat, 'But I'm terrified! My legs won't move... these voices are drowning out everything else..!'

She dug her nails into the palms of her hands as she bit her lip in frustration, "Damn it... even after all those three have done for me, I can't even find the courage to walk into some stupid base to search for them!"

'Come on, legs, move! You've gotta move!'

Y/n glared down at her trembling legs, internally shouting at them to carry her forwards a bit longer.