𝗥𝗼𝗮𝗰𝗵

"We couldn't find the Cocogoat, sorry about that Qiqi..." y/n said apologetically.

The child gestured for her to crouch and y/n did as she was told. Her eyes sparkling when Qiqi pat her on the head.

"It's okay, Miss y/n. It's disappointing but still okay." the child replied quietly.

"Aw... now Paimon feels bad..." Paimon murmured as y/n pat the disheartened Qiqi's head as well.

"What did you even need the Cocogoat for?" Aether asked, curious as to what a kid would need an adeptibeast for.

"Cocogoat milk is tasty. So tasty. Much better than normal goat milk. Only an adeptibeast could make such tasty milk." Qiqi explained, "I'm sorry. I have a... poor memory. I cannot remember the name. That's why I wrote it down. Where did I put it..."

The group of four watched a similar wandered away before returning with a piece of paper, "Here it is. Coconut milk."

Y/n froze, "H-Huh?"

Paimon, Aether and Zhongli were all just as stunned as the h/c haired girl.

Zhongli cleared his throat before saying, "I... owe you all an apology-"

"No you don't! Not at all!" y/n protested then laughed awkwardly, "Hah, I usually bring Qiqi coconut milk whenever I visit so it's my own mistake for not connecting the dots."

"Nobody could've seen this coming. Not even you, y/n." Aether assured the apologetic being of wholesomeness.

"Magbe a psychic could!" Paimon pointed out.

"Yeah, a psychic...." y/n and Aether agreed.

"Excuse me... did Qiqi say a bad thing?" Qiqi spoke up and y/n smiled at the child.

"No, it wasn't a bad thing. Just a misunderstanding." y/n chirped.

"So... who's gonna tell her?" Paimon questioned and all eyes turned to y/n.

She didn't seem at all bothered about being the one to tell Qiqi where coconut milk actually came from.

"Qiqi, coconut milk doesn't come from this adeptibeast you spoke of. It actually comes from coconuts." y/n began.

Qiqi frowned, "...really?"

"Mhm."

You could practically see the gears turning as Qiqi tried to process what y/n was telling her, a little puzzled.

"No... it can't be..." Qiqi mumbled

"Ohh dear..." y/n sighed then gestured for Qiqi to come closer, "Alright, come here. It'll be fine. I was just as shocked when Gramps told me strawberry milk doesn't come from pink cows."

Qiqi clung to y/n like a koala, continuing to ask questions while y/n pat her back.

"Seems like Qiqi took this pretty hard." Paimon commented but nobody was really listening(aside from y/n and that fatui roach she'd heard outside the Pharmacy).

'Y/n likes strawberry milk?' Zhongli and Aether wondered. Normal milk is way better-AHEM

"Well someone learnt a valuable life lesson today." a new voice spoke up, "Thank you all for looking after my little Qiqi."

Y/n didn't even have to look up to know who had spoken but she did anyways "Ah! Baizhu! Are you doing alright today? Feeling better, I hope-"

'AAAAA, THOSE EYES OF HIS ARE SO BREATHTAKING....!!!!' y/n shrieked internally.

"I'm feeling much better." Baizhu assured the worried y/n, patting her on the head, "Thank you, y/n."

She flinched, nearly short-circuiting but managed to get out a, "Of course-"