𝗦𝘂𝘇𝘂

'Tf are you creeps doing here?' y/n thought giving Aether and Paimon a death glare.

They were trying to ignore her, afraid to see just what kind of enraged look the wild card named y/n had on her face.

Rather than going back into the Jade Chamber with them, y/n excused herself and remained outside.

She plopped down on the edge of the entrance, kicking her legs back and forth as she went down the list of things she needed to do.

'I can discuss my fainting spells with Albedo another time. I can probably drop by Angel's Share to grab a gift for Beidou and her crew. Maybe I'll stick around for a bit of conversation but after that it's back to work...' y/n thought, 'Ah... what else...'

Y/n looked up and frowned when she spotted something in the distance.

What was that?

As it neared, y/n realized it was a bird. Specifically a raven. She heard the faint ringing of bells and realized that the raven had bells tied to its foot(talon?).

Y/n watched as it neared, making no attempt to move aside. It wasn't going to slow down or stop, was it?

As the raven got even closer, y/n's brain screamed at her to move tf out of the way.

So she did.

Y/n rolled to the side, almost being hit in the face by the raven as it landed.

"HOLY-" y/n stared at the raven as it turned to her, looking perfectly fine despite having just crashlanded.

"You! You're y/n, right? My Master asked me to deliver a letter and-"

"GYAAAAA, IT SPOKE!!!!"

"Oi! I'm not an it!" the raven snapped.

Y/n only screamed louder because who wouldn't if a damn raven spoke.

"Goodness, I can't believe you and that salmon head are friends..." the raven sighed as y/n continued screaming, "SHUT UP."

Y/n stopped screaming almost immediately though she was still whimpering quietly.

"Ahem... my name is Suzu. My Master asked me to send you this." the raven said, nudging a piece of paper to y/n.

Y/n hesitantly took the paper and opened it up, her brows furrowed.

Y/n deadpanned.

"What the flying 🚚 is this???"

"Oh, apologies, Master wanted me to send that one to Tenshukaku-"

"WHAT!? DO THEY HAVE A DEATH WISH!?"

"I don't even know." Suzu sighed, "I think I may have dropped it... no worries. I memorized everything. And, uh, remember. These are his words. Not mine."

Y/n nodded, "Uh-huh..."

"Erm..." the raven cleared its throat, "Just your yearly reminder to take care of yourself and to make a habit of practicing your swordsmanship. If you haven't been doing either of those, just know that every second you're not running, I'm only getting closer. And when I catch you, you won't like what comes next. I mean it."

Y/n looked mortified, 'What.'

"That's all. He fell asleep before he could sign his name." Suzu explained, "Again. His words, not mine. Got it?"

"Yep. Got it." y/n wheezed, "Could you maybe send a message back to him?"

"Sure. After I rest of course." Suzu agreed, "Flying through a storm created by an Archon isn't something you can do twice without stopping to rest."

"Wait, you came from Inazuma?" y/n demanded, scrambling closer and Suzu nodded twice.

"Mhm." Suzu confirmed.

"H-Have you maybe seen someone with pink hair? Like... sakura pink? And turquoise eyes too!" y/n said, eyes alight with hope.

"Mm... I've seen a young Shrine Maiden who fits that description." Suzu replied.

"That's Kaori!" y/n exclaimed, almost fainting from relief, "Is she okay?"

"She seems healthy but she always looks quite sad..." Suzu hummed, "Master would often have me deliver little letters to cheer her up a bit."

"And Ayumu! There's a man who looks just like her! Have you seen him?" y/n demanded.

"Ah... well a young man with pink hair and turquoise eyes was taken in maybe three or four months ago... I think that may have been your friend." Suzu began.

"HE WAS CAUGHT!?" y/n cried.

"...that seems to be the case."

"Well... at least he isn't dead-" y/n murmured, trying not to cry.

"He caused severe injury to soldiers of the Shogun's army. I doubt he's alive."

"Please tell me it was self defense..."

"Nope. He jumped 'em."

"Damn it, Ayumu ;-;"

Suzu observed the distressed y/n and if birds could frown, it would definitely be frowning, "...maybe he's alive???"

"Hell no he's not, the dumbass would've said or done something stupid-!" y/n said as she thought of the countless other times her friend had done stupid things, "I need to take my mind off of this, I'm going to cry-"

Suzu watched as y/n hopped to her feet, around the same time Aether and Paimon were exiting the Jade Chamber.

"Oh! Y/n!" Paimon called but the girl had already took off towards the edge if the floating palace and leapt off without hesitation.

Suzu, Paimon and Aether all peered over the edge and watched as the tiny dot that was y/n landed in the water below.

"What was that about?" Aether asked aloud, frowning, "Does she hate us?"

"No. I told her that her best friend may be dead." Suzu chimed in, earning wide eyed looks from both Paimon and Aether, 'Ah, right, talking birds aren't normal.'

'