𝗔𝗱𝗼𝗿𝗮𝗯𝗹𝗲

(Paimon. Explain.)

↢3rd Person POV↣

3rd Person POV

"Sick? Again? I don't understand how you always get sick when we're here... maybe I should save up for a place elsewhere..."

Y/n couldn't see, only hear.

Her eyelids were heavy, trying to open her eyes to see her surroundings would be quite difficult. To be honest, she just wanted to fall asleep and never wake up.

"Ayumu? Will y/n be okay?" y/n heard Kaori's tiny voice ask, "She will, right?"

Y/n could see Ayumu's sweet smile clearly in her mind. The one that you'd have to closely observe in order to spot the almost invisible traces of worry and exhaustion.

"She isn't as bad as she was yesterday. So she's gotten a little better." Ayumu replied, "Hey, how about you go collect some Naku Weeds for me? Some water too, please."

"Oh! Okay!" Kaori exclaimed and y/n heard the little girl run off, mumbling to herself about how there was too much rain.

Her chest tightened a little and became much harder to breathe. It felt as if water was filling her lungs and it hurt...

She felt a hand grasp hers as her breathing became a bit more desperate. Ayumu gently rubbed the top of her hand with his thumb, remaining silent for a minute.

"You're breaking my heart, y'know? Seeing you like this hurts..." he murmured.

"Please wake up, y/n."

'I would if I could.' y/n thought as Ayumu held her hand with both of his, 'But my chest hurts so much and my eyes won't open.'

"Haha... I don't know what I'm going to do. You're always the one keeping me in check. Imagine what I'd do if you weren't around." Ayumu chuckled, voice tight.

He was going to cry. Y/n could tell just from his voice and how it wavered.

'Hey, please don't cry...'

Y/n wanted to comfort Ayumu but then again, she still couldn't move an inch.

Outside y/n's little dream, Haiyang was freaking tf out because he had no idea what to do for the h/c haired idiot.

They'd made it to shore a long while ago and y/n still hadn't woken up..

They were pretty far from Liyue Harbor and Haiyang would probably end up accidentally breaking her ribcage if he tried to perform CPR or whatever tf you're supposed to perform if someone still had water in their lungs-

Y'know-

Cause he's a whole God and she's human.

Haiyang was aware that mortals were very fragile and he didn't want to hurt her.