𝗦𝘁𝗮𝗿𝘁 𝗿𝘂𝗻𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗴

Y/n wouldn't stop crying for an hour and Thoma could only pat her back and listen as she ranted about everything.

However, when she finally calm down, she happily shared the good stuff while Thoma walked her home.

"-and there was this cute little cat at the Wangshu Inn!" y/n was saying, e/c eyes bright, "It was just the cutest little thing~! I would've hugged it but it always looked like it wanted to gouge my eyes out..."

"You say that about all cats, y/n." Thoma chuckled and she frowned at him.

"But it's true! It's like they're silently plotting your death..." y/n murmured then shivered, "Let's... talk about something else!"

"Hm... were you taking care of yourself?"

"Different topic."

Y/n pursed her lips and looked away while Thoma merely shook his head and laughed at her, "Is taking care of yourself really that difficult?"

"No... I just didn't really have the time. I didn't allow myself to have the time." y/n explained then smiled dreamily, "All the ladies where I worked were so pretty... especially Keqing! Definitely Keqing! Hu Tao too! And Ganyu and Ningguang..."

"You simp."

"Hey!"

While y/n was explaining to Thoma why she wasn't simping, just stating facts, he was noticing little changes in the simp next to him.

She'd gotten a little taller and her extremely nervous attitude had died down a little. She was screaming 90% of the time before she left but now it's dropped to about 30... 40%

She looked healthier, her face no longer pale and her eyes a little brighter with no fear clouding them.

Yes, much healthier.

A lot happier too.

Thoma frowned a little.

He was glad she was happy but still...

Meh, nevermind.

"I'm glad to see that you're nice and healthy." Thoma told y/n.

"I'm glad see that you seem to be doing good too!" y/n chirped, "But I can't be for sure, so tell me about it when you have the time, okay?"

"Okay, I'll be sure to do that! Here we are!" Thoma exclaimed when they finally got back to the estate.

Y/n bid Thoma farewell but before she could leave or he could even think about head back, there was a whoosh.

A whoosh just before something struck the ground mere inches away from where Thoma had been before y/n had playfully shoved him.

"..."

"..."

Y/n and Thoma stared at the thing.

It was an arrow.

It had paper attached to it.

Thoma carefully took the ruined note and the only words left on it were...

Start running

Thoma stared at the message for a moment before saying goodbye to y/n and walking very fast back to the Kamisato Estate.

Y/n, still in shock by the sudden arrival of the arrow, slowly made her way back into her caretaker's home without another word.

And didn't get much sleep that night.

~~~ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ•°*

The next day, y/n was super out of it as she was eating breakfast with Gramps, Kaori and Itto who had just invited himself on in.