𝗔𝗻𝗱 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗰𝗮𝗻 *****

"Ayumu! Y/n! Just in time!" Teppei exclaimed when the two returned to camp, both or them carrying a ton of Naku Weed.

"Something happened." y/n realized before Teppei could say anything, "Where's General Gorou?"

"Him and a couple of others have gone to the front line, Aether included." Teppei explained, "Kujou Sara and the Shogun's Army were spotted there!"

"Huh? Seriously?" Ayumu looked irritated, "Isn't Aether supposed to be resting?"

"Wait, he is? He seemed fine when he left- HEY! Y/N!" Teppei jumped when y/n zoomed past him and had a bunch of Naku Weed dumped in his arms, "Ayumu! Where are you guys going!?"

Neither replied, already far away.

"I can't tell if you're worried about little blondilocks or your girlfriend!" Ayumu snickered as he ran alongside y/n.

"How about everyone???" y/n sputtered, "You realize people die in war, right?"

"Wait, really? :o" Ayumu gasped and laughed when y/n swung at him.

As they neared, y/n heard Sara's voice go, "Why not represent the resistance in a fight of honor?"

"Oh hell-" y/n shook her head, "Ayumu! Is there any way we can get there quicker?"

"Y/n you have an electro vision. You can just make yourself faster or something." Ayumu pointed out.

Y/n gave him a blank look.

"Okay, I'll think of another way."

A distance away, over on the front line, the Resistance and the Shogun's army were just... there.

The only people talking were Paimon, Gorou, Sara and Aether who was supposed to be resting.

"A fight of honor...?" Paimon echoed.

"Before the battle begins, each side chooses their best warrior for a match of single combat." Gorou explained, "To the superior force, there is little significance in such a duel. But for the weaker force, victory could constitute an important boost to their morale."

In the background, Aether noticed a trail of fire in the sky. Slowly getting closer.

...and closer.

And... closer...

"Her motives are clear. She wants to use the match as an opportunity to capture you. Do not feel compelled to participate-" Gorou began before he too noticed the trail of fire, "What is that."

Paimon looked up, "What is what?"

BOOM

Whatever tf that thing was hit the ground, kicking up a bunch of sand.

Soldiers from both sides were coughing and waving at the sand while also preparing for some kind of attack.

"Agh, Ayu, what the 🚚!!!"

"Sorry, sorry!!!"

As the sand clear, everyone spotted Ayumu with a terrified Y/n beside him. Where did they come from?

"I'll do it!" y/n shouted, pushing Ayumu away, "I'll represent the Resistance in a fight of honor!"

"Y/n, what the 🚚?!" Aether, Gorou, Sara and Ayumu shouted simultaneously.

"You don't get to say 💩, Aether!!!" y/n snapped, "Sit your ♀️🐶 🚚 down and rest!"

"But I-"

"REST!!!"

"Y/n, you-" Ayumu began.

"I'M PERFECTLY CAPABLE OF FIGHTING, EVEN IF IT'S SCARY!!" y/n shouted, "I'm doing it! You can't change my mind!"